Hua Hin Zoo

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Hua Hin Zoo

Post by GLCQuantum »

dtaai-maai wrote:
NOKYAI wrote: B999 for entry, buffet and free flow wine and beer.
Shouldn't that be 'swine and deer'?
Along with a three horse meal...

Sorry. :duck:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Could this be the place

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=hua%20hin%20zoo

Typical Thai Elephant handler with axe in hand, why don't they invite Lek Challart the Elephant whisperer to teach them how to handle Elephants.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

some of the reviews:

Disgusting. Animal abuse and neglect at its finest. Just what Thailand needs, another animal torture venue. This breaks my heart. Someone please shut this place down asap.

I really hope you have plans to put some of the birds in bigger cages also the monkeys. Otters like to swim one had a small bowl of water the other had nothing. The zoo has potential but the animals need to come first.

If I could give this place zero stars I would! Awful way to treat these beautiful animals! Animal abuse, dont support it by going here please!!

Why aren't you thinking about the animals and treating them better? I can't believe you have people riding baby elephants. Disgusting!

Simply horrible, you should be ashamed of yourselves

Appalling practices. Animal abuse centre basically.

But of course the Thai comments are all good.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bert91157

Post by bert91157 »

Disgusting. Animal abuse and neglect at its finest. Just what Thailand needs, another animal torture venue. This breaks my heart. Someone please shut this place down asap.

I really hope you have plans to put some of the birds in bigger cages also the monkeys. Otters like to swim one had a small bowl of water the other had nothing. The zoo has potential but the animals need to come first.

If I could give this place zero stars I would! Awful way to treat these beautiful animals! Animal abuse, dont support it by going here please!!

Why aren't you thinking about the animals and treating them better? I can't believe you have people riding baby elephants. Disgusting!

Simply horrible, you should be ashamed of yourselves

Appalling practices. Animal abuse centre basically.
I was there at the weekend and agree with all of the above. Totally disgusting place. Should be shut down until they learn how to look after the animals properly.:cuss:
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Oh dear! Not off to a good start then.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You want to see Elephants go to Leks place in Chiang Mai

buksida

Post by buksida »

Or even better, go to Kuiburi National Park and see them in the wild!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Been there, it is a really nice day out however there is always the possibility of not seeing a single animal. Now if you really wanna see Elephants go to Chobe National Park on the banks of the Zambezi River in Botswana, magnificent. I was lucky enough to work in Bots for 4 years, went to Chobe plenty of times, saw 62 elephants at once lined up drinking at the river edge, crocs galore waiting to snap a young one.
Bit of a drive from HH though.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

^ is there a VIP bus Steve?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I'm sure mini bus will take you, be there in about 4 hours the way they drive

http://chobenationalpark.co.za/chobe-na ... formation/
buksida

Post by buksida »

Special teams seize elephants, check forest land
A NEW taskforce set up by the National Parks Department filed a complaint with police yesterday after confiscating two young elephants from a zoo in Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan after it found they did not have correct livestock identification forms.

Meanwhile, another team, known as the 'White Shark', launched an investigation into encroachment on a vast area of mangroves in Phuket.

The 'King of the Tigers' taskforce led by Chaiwat Limlikit-aksorn checked the zoo in Hua Hin's Tambon Hin Lek Fai. They found 11 elephants but two did not have correct ID forms.

One, called Plai Bun, was four years old, but had a document that said it was 10 years old. The form also said the elephant had five front nails and four back nails but the elephant had only four nails on both front and back legs. It also did not have a hole on its ear lobe, as described in the ID form.

The officials also seized Plai Moss, 17, which has ivory tusks - while its ID form said it had no tusks.

The officials also suspected that the zoo did not have complete and necessary documents to possess other wild animals such as tigers and bears. They said it had only a licence to operate the zoo but not documents to prove that the state had been notified about its possession of wildlife.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 86998.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Looks like lights out for this place. See News thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32556
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Hua Hin Zoo

Post by Pagey »

I know there was a long topic on this when the posters first appeared round town but a search can't reveal it.

Has anyone been ? Worth a trip for a 3 y.o. ?

I know it's located passed Terry's Fishing Lodge, is it a well made road or flooded and potholed?

TIA. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

prcscct wrote:Looks like lights out for this place. See News thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32556
As posted just before yours, it seems to have been raided and closed.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I knew they had taken away a lot of the animals but I saw an advert for it recently, at least I presumed it was that zoo and they had a promotion price only 30 and 60 baht presumably to reflect the lack of stock. Just thought somewhere to go to occupy the little one after kindergarten today.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.