Number 9 at Ratchapakdi Park

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Number 9 at Ratchapakdi Park

Post by Big Boy »

Today (11 Nov'16) between 3 and 8pm they are creating one of those human Number 9 tributes to the late king at Ratchapakdi Park.

From what I can gather, school children in their uniforms will be used for the white bits, but they are looking for people to turn up in black to be used for the black bits.

It should be quite a spectacle with the backdrop of the statues of the 6 kings.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Re: Number 9 at Ratchapakdi Park

Post by PeteC »

Another tribute going on at Market Village next week:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/ki ... s/30299706

"Two prominent painters from Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Hua Hin district have started painting a watercolour portrait in honour of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on a 99-square-metre canvas.

The portrait, painted by well-known artists Tawee Kesa-ngam and Sattha Homsawat, will be displayed at Market Village shopping mall next Friday as part of an exhibition on His Majesty’s achievements.

The artists will take nine days and nine hours to complete the portrait.

“I will use all my power and ability to draw the biggest royal portrait ever. I want people to see and remember his smile and his eyes that reflected mercy and grace on the people,” Tawee said.

People will be allowed to attach black ribbons under the portrait in homage."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ a key phrase above is "as part of an exhibition" it sounds like there will be much more than just the watercolour, but I've seen nothing advertised about an exhibition there next week.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They did it.
Credit: Terry
Credit: Terry
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18