Ceramics workshop

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Kraf.be
Novice
Novice

Ceramics workshop

Post by Kraf.be »

Hello, Me and my wife (From Belgium) will be in HH on 1/5 till 14/5, we like to visit a pottery and if possible do a workshop. Is there a pottery etc in HH? Thx

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Kraf.be
Novice
Novice

Re: Ceramics workshop

Post by Kraf.be »

Nobody?

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Never heard of one near HH, most of the large plant pots come from somewhere up north so maybe that is the region to visit.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The only thing I can suggest is to call in to the artists village on the Palu-u road, but I have never seen a potters wheel there.

I think Chiang Mai is the main centre for 'artisan' style pottery, although Dan Kwian in Korat is known for churning out stuff on an industrial scale, good for garden pots and stuff like that, although most of their output is what appeals more to Thais (understandably).
Talk is cheap
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

There are also a good number of ceramic factories and shops selling locally produced ceramics in Ratchaburi. It might be worth searching for something there.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Also interesting is a walk around Koh Kret, a small island in the Chao Phraya River in BKK. It's famous for its pottery with numerous small producers. It's 15 years since I was there so no idea what it's like now.

Reachable by public passenger boats from BKK riverside piers. Also by rail and road and a short ferry ride.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

South side of Hua Hin there is the Vic theatre which is attached to a arts school. I do not know what they offer, but have seen they advertise "camps"

62/70 Petchkasem Road, Huana, Nongae, Huahin, Prachuabkirikhan, Thailand 77110

info@vichuahin.com
Tel: 032 - 827 - 814-5
081 - 763 - 8690
081 - 813 - 9631
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Kraf.be
Novice
Novice

Post by Kraf.be »

Thank you for the information?