Mossie Zapper

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
eatuae

Re: Mossie Zapper

Post by eatuae »

Yes it seems to kill them but not that easy to identify them with their wings burnt off
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: Strangely enough, if you zap a termite before it has shed it's wings, it normally stays together.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
honkin
Novice
Novice

Post by honkin »

barrys wrote:
honkin wrote:I did a search on the forum and only found info on the tennis racquet style zappers or oils etc, which is not what I want.
I am thinking of the ones with a light inside that actually zaps the little buggers.
Is this what you mean? If it is, I've bought them before in Tesco Lotusmozzie zapper.jpg
Yeah that looks like it barrys

cheers
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

This is because mosquitoes are not attracted to light as flies are, Mozzies are attracted to C02 and other body odors so having the blue UV light actually makes mozzies stay away as they dislike UV light.

Bug zappers are useless against mosquitoes. Studies have shown that less than 1 percent of the insects killed by zappers are mosquitoes or other biting insects. The devices attract and kill beneficial or harmless insects, like moths, and have no effect on the overall mosquito population. Electronic repellers have also proven ineffective in scientific testing.

https://www.megacatch.com/mosquito-faqs/mosquito-facts/
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
honkin
Novice
Novice

Post by honkin »

cheers StevePIraq. That's an interesting read.

So no to zappers, but something like that MegaCatch or the BlackHole are the way to go? Anything that attracts and catches rather than trying to 'zap'

Thanks again
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I use the following for inside the house, they work excellent, they drive mozzies away with the smell which is not strong, available from Big C. For outside the only thing that I have found works is the coils
untitled.png
untitled.png (49.31 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's another device and refills the same as above readily available here named COMBAT. Has various scents. Plug it in and it lasts for 30 days at 24 and 90 days at 8 hours use per day. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
golferstu

Post by golferstu »

I've got one of those. I do enjoy them for their pleasurable sound and dim, blue light.