Blue Lagoon Hua Hin

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: Blue Lagoon Hua Hin

Post by Ralfredo »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:07 pmThat is good to hear, thanks. Anything 26C and above is fine.
You shouldn't only take my word for it. It must be plenty of people here that can fill in there pool temperatures here.

However, I have been to Thailand plenty of times, usually in the period from the end of January to the beginning of March. I really don't like cold water but have newer had any problems with a pool being to cold. The only pool I have measured though is my own (well rented really :oops: ) and I have really no clue how accurate the thermometer is.

So guys, can we have some more readings.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Your word that the water at Hua Hin is not cold is enough for me.
My bad experience was with the pools within the building (Sukhumvit +, corner with Rama 4, Phrakanong), and what tenants at our current place who stay all year round told me. The pool is within the high rise blocks of flats.

One with Pattaya was a particularly cold January that had surprised Thais, up to the government level.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:51 pmThe pool is within the high rise blocks of flats.
I guess that direct exposure to the sun a big part of the day is important to keep the temperature up. The air temperature in HH around February is in my experience usually slightly over 30 in the day but can some years go down towards maybe 22 or so on "cold" nights. Probably the air temperature alone is not enough to keep the pool nice unless you have direct sunlight on it. But now I'm really just guessing.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

:offtopic:
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

I don't see any distraction from the topic.
The lagoon and the water temperature are important, the lagoon is probably the top reason anyone would want to stay there.
Taikka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Taikka »

loua_oz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 pm the lagoon is probably the top reason anyone would want to stay there.
Right you are! The only reason we come here escaping the Russian winter.
By the way, every weekend BL lives the full life - Thais come for couple of days. Usually owners fron Bangkok and renters.
If you plan to rent the unit for more than two weeks - choose it properly. They are all with different "filling" - some doesn't have washing machine, cooking stove, wifi, bath (turned into shower). Those details are important for families, especially with kids.
loua_oz

Post by loua_oz »

Thank you for that. Very unlikely I would go there but if someone ask me, your post tops up what I thought.

What is the increment in knowledge (above of what I gathered during my 90 minutes stroll):

The compound is well populated during the high season months;
The water in the laguna is not cold in high season months;
Ask what household fittings the apartment/house has;
WiFi comes as the guests come;

I hope someone else from the board could benefit from that advice.
Thank you again.