Sinking funds at Smart House Valley

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
swinglish
Rookie
Rookie

Sinking funds at Smart House Valley

Post by swinglish »

Were about to purchase a property in Smart House Valley...
love the property but my concern is that they have no sinking funds and a very low maintnence cost...Im just wondering where they absorb the costs if needed.
any input greatly appreciaited
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Sinking funds at Smart House Valley

Post by PBbeacher »

What does the developer or his staff say about It?
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Extremely important to have sinking fund, a lot of villages here left to their own devices and become derelict on e developer moves on.
Also need the body corp to be controlled by owners.
I live on emerald resort, we have over 3million bht in our sinking fund , we have our own body corp board and employ a management team to run tbe office, security etc. I f a power generator blew up it could cost 2million bht to repair, so we keep a good balance for worst cas scenarios
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

If they have no sinking fund you are crazy to buy or at best taking an extreme risk. If something serious goes wrong then the owners will have to come up with the cash and all may not agree to it.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
swinglish
Rookie
Rookie

Post by swinglish »

Hi all,
thanks for all your input and that was my gutt instinct if no sinking funds available dont buy.... you just solidified my thinking ....thank you