Blue house book in your name

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
frank1957

Blue house book in your name

Post by frank1957 »

Hi can anyone advise me how to put my name on the blue book for my house, my wife is no longer with us and her name is on the blue book
buksida

Re: Blue house book in your name

Post by buksida »

There are extensive discussions on this here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=34883
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30544
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

frank1957 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm Hi can anyone advise me how to put my name on the blue book for my house, my wife is no longer with us and her name is on the blue book
I hope I'm not being indelicate but from your post, I assume your wife has died. If that is the case then you have 365 days to sell the house or it will be auctioned.
My advice would be to sell it to a trusted family member who will agree to allow you to carry on living in it.
frank1957

Post by frank1957 »

Ok thank you
frank1957

Post by frank1957 »

And what about any bank account she may have ?
she was farrang not Thai
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

If your wife is farang, I shouldn't think her name is in the blue book, unless the property is a condo. Either way, you are the statutory beneficiary. Unless it's a condo, you are not allowed to own land in Thailand.
frank1957

Post by frank1957 »

Thanks HHTel it is a house
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

frank1957 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 pm Thanks HHTel it is a house
I think the best advice is for you to engage a lawer. If you are a Farang and have a house, then the land it sits on has to be on some form of lease or usufruct, and you need to make sure you are the lease holder. The same applies to a bank account. There is a legal procedure that has to be followed, including a death certificate and a statutory declaration.

As for a "blue book", it makes no difference if a house or a Condo. If you are a Farang your name can not be in the space provided for a Thai, as part of it requires a Thai ID number. Your wifes name may be on a back page of the book, but it has no legal standing.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

This thread makes no sense.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Ianrodders
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ianrodders »

Nereus wrote:
frank1957 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 pm Thanks HHTel it is a house
I think the best advice is for you to engage a lawer. If you are a Farang and have a house, then the land it sits on has to be on some form of lease or usufruct, and you need to make sure you are the lease holder. The same applies to a bank account. There is a legal procedure that has to be followed, including a death certificate and a statutory declaration.

As for a "blue book", it makes no difference if a house or a Condo. If you are a Farang your name can not be in the space provided for a Thai, as part of it requires a Thai ID number. Your wifes name may be on a back page of the book, but it has no legal standing.
What about ferang with yellow book how does that work in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

The yellow book is just a proof of address - it gives you no legal rights over the building or the land whatsoever.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

What about ferang with yellow book how does that work in this situation
I guess you could leave it in your Will to take it with you to the temple? The book is a form of identification, nothing more or less, it only shows your name and address, of no other use.

MODS: please delete that which crosses the T&Cs:

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/artic ... ident-book

https://xpat.life/thailand/tabien-baan
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nereus wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm MODS: please delete that which crosses the T&Cs:
Que?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm
Nereus wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm MODS: please delete that which crosses the T&Cs:
Que?
I should of written "if", as one of the links may be classed as a competitor. :cheers:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: RE: Re: Blue house book in your name

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:The yellow book is just a proof of address - it gives you no legal rights over the building or the land whatsoever.
And neither does the blue book give any legal rights over the building or land.