Hua Hin hospital special medical clinic

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Post by Big Boy »

I went for my regular check up this morning to be greeted with this notice:
20180925_073925.jpg
20180925_073925.jpg (93.94 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
The clinic is now on the 5th floor of the Purple Building.

What a clinic!!! - I would say the nicest facility in the area. Amazingly, I'd guess it was previously a function room (I'm paying thousands of Baht at a decent hotel for a room for my son's forthcoming wedding - this room knocks spots off it). Roomy, soft furnishings, air conditioned - I used to be a hospital snob, and visit the expensive hospitals - Bangkok Hospital eat your heart out. A truly amazing clinic.
20180925_074531.jpg
20180925_074531.jpg (106.28 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
20180925_084125.jpg
20180925_084125.jpg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
Outside, there's a huge veranda, with sea views.

The best bit - it looks as though the 8 storey car parking block is almost complete.
20180925_092555.jpg
20180925_092555.jpg (142.98 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
When I was a hospital snob, just the thought of Hua Hin Hospital used to make me shudder. I learnt the hard way - Hua Hin Hospital is as good as any hospital.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Hua Hin Hospital Express Clinic has moved

Post by HHTel »

That's impressive. I wonder if the guy from another thread is going to comment. He seems to think that money buys better treatment and points out that he can afford it!!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

If they just had someone who could draw blood on arms with submerged veins I'd go there again. The person that used to do it went somewhere else and the Lady Boy with the gold chains isn't up to it. It does look nice, is comfortable and the 2 ladies at the desk are very pleasant.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Obviously luck of the draw. In the UK they always had trouble getting blood out of me, but never ever had a problem here. Does the warmer weather help?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Until about a year ago I was easy to draw blood from, but now I have this sunken vein thing too. Bloody well hate it. And because of other minor issues they are drawing blood regularly from me right now. Anyway, a kind woman at the hospital told me that next time I was scheduled to have blood tests I was not to drink tea or coffee for 24 hours prior and I was to drink as much water as I could, at least 3 liters the day before. It's hardly scientific but 6 times they had SO much trouble finding a vein. The 7th time was after following the no tea/no coffee/loads of water tip and it was easy. She said something about tea and coffee having a shrinking effect on the veins, while filling up with water had the opposite effect, it kind of pumped them up/filled them up/made them come to the surface???? Something like that anyway.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:21 pm Obviously luck of the draw. In the UK they always had trouble getting blood out of me, but never ever had a problem here. Does the warmer weather help?
Not luck of the draw, he was the only one there. Nothing helps except experience and skill. I ended up at the Blood testing clinic on Petchasem south of the Baguette and before the 1st petrol station. The woman their has done it before, she's excellent and a sweetheart. In Between I went to Bangkok Hospital, I've had it drawn there before. The nurses are excellent. It used to cost 2500bht, now it's 4700bht. I walked. No, I don't have insurance, too old and a "precondition." Funny term, that. Sounds like a condition before the condition. "I wonder what condition my condition is in?"
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I assume that's for very complicated tests. My blood tests this morning cost 190 Baht (obviously there were other costs i.e. 200 Baht Express service, doctor's consultation fees, nursing fee and medication for 2 months). Total cost 1250 Baht.

Points 48; Position 18
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Hope you have permission from all the people in the photo to post their pics online. Just saying. I’d be none too happy if my pic ended up online while I was sat poorly in the clinic. Does look very nice though.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 pm I assume that's for very complicated tests. My blood tests this morning cost 190 Baht (obviously there were other costs i.e. 200 Baht Express service, doctor's consultation fees, nursing fee and medication for 2 months). Total cost 1250 Baht.
Yes, complicated tests. At Hua Hin Hospital they cost the same as at the clinic. I don't see a doctor, just pay for the blood test and 200 bht mandatory Express service.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Even the blood test is better. No longer do you have to jump the 'Thai' queue (which, I know several people find embarrassing). The vampire nurse visits you in the posh clinic. Yesterday's vampire was very gentle :D

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:lach:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

sorry for my ignorance, but what do you actually get done at the hua hin hospital EXPRESS clinic ?
just as a matter of interest ???
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

joelle wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:19 pm sorry for my ignorance, but what do you actually get done at the hua hin hospital EXPRESS clinic ?
just as a matter of interest ???
"Express" means that you don't have to wait with all the poor people to be called to see a doctor or whatever you're there for. You have the same things done as at any hospital. Mandatory because you're a Farang and can afford the 200bht. I asked if I could skip the Express part and was told no. Actually my wife was told no because no one there speaks or will speak English. I don't know about the Doctors as I've never been to one.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Not mandatory at all. It's a choice. If you want to wait in line with the crowd you can. Incidentally, it can also be used by Thais. It's not often taken up by them because as well as the 200 baht, they pay full price for the services as opposed to the 30 baht.
There are some treatments that you can't get 'express' service for.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Thanks for the answers