Change of ownership at Baan Sanook?!

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Change of ownership at Baan Sanook?!

Post by theprice01 »

Hi,
My family and I have been to Baan Sanook around 7-8 times since it opened. Today was a disappointment, there was 4 of us and the last dish arrived about 45 minutes after the first (2x fried rice, 1x burger, 1xgreek skewers). There was us and another table of 4 who were on a liquid lunch anyway.

Anyone know the inside story?! It was really a great place to get top service and good food a year ago.

We'll go again for the kids play area and just to drink, won't bother ordering food again.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: Change of ownership at Baan Sanook?!

Post by T.O.M. »

The owner was probably away for a couple of hours, which according to Thai staff thinking equals holiday...
Happy customers = Good for business = Employment security....Way too abstract for your average Thai staffer.
You should mention it to the owner at your next visit...
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Re: Change of ownership at Baan Sanook?!

Post by theprice01 »

That's the thing though, he is usually in the corner but was no where to be seen. Also there was debris around the bbq area from the night before yet the other times we had been (at around the same time) it was spotless and there were always 3 guys prepping meat or stoking the fire....it kinda felt a bit abandoned.
I hope your right and he was just out for a few hours. :)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
BarryAmilm
Rookie
Rookie

Change of ownership at Baan Sanook

Post by BarryAmilm »

I was aware of some of the debate around this change. Lets hope it has a positive impact.