VAT tax refund

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
migrant
Addict
Addict

VAT tax refund

Post by migrant »

I've recently made a largish purchase and was subject to VAT tax. First time I've considered a refund. Can someone on a retirement visa get a refund? Coincidentally we are leaving for Europe Thursday so, if OK, I guess I can get at the airport?

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: VAT tax refund

Post by MDMK »

I have no idea whatsoever...

I just wanted to wish you happy holidays, Stay safe, and ENJOY! :)

will I get zapped now for going off topic. Mods.... I will kick my own arse, I promise! :tsk: :laugh:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

MDMK wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:15 pm I have no idea whatsoever...

I just wanted to wish you happy holidays, Stay safe, and ENJOY! :)

will I get zapped now for going off topic. Mods.... I will kick my own arse, I promise! :tsk: :laugh:
Thanks!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think you need to be on a tourist visa with flights in and out to claim any refunds. Worth a try though.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

buksida wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 am I think you need to be on a tourist visa with flights in and out to claim any refunds. Worth a try though.
That was my worry, thanks!!