Extending 30 day Visa on Arrival stamp

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Extending 30 day Visa on Arrival stamp

Post by Chazz14 »

My friend is visiting and will stay about 3 months max.

I know that he can extend his 30 day Visa on Arrival stamp by obtaining a 90 Day (Non-Immigrant?) Visa in Tha Yang for B1900 using form TM7.

- Should he apply at Tha Yang 14 days before the Visa on Arrival stamp expires - or is only a requirement for a Retirement Visa extension?

- I assume that the 90 day visa will start the day after the Visa on Arrival stamp expires - but T.I.T. so I'm not sure...

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Cheers All
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Extending 30 day Visa on Arrival stamp

Post by hhinner »

For what reason will he apply for a 90 day Visa at That Yang? He can only do it if he's going to subsequently apply for a year extension based on retirement or marriage or other non-tourist reason.

Your friend should apply for a 60 day tourist visa which he can extend for a further 30 days before his 60 day entry expires.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You need at least 15 days left on your permission to stay to apply for a Non Imm O visa in country.
As suggested above, your friend will have to qualify for one (retirement, marriage, taking care of a Thai child) and meet the financial requirements as well.
That's step 1 and if he/she wants to extend from the O visa for a year, then they'll have to go through the process again. However, they can apply for the annual extension up to 30 days early.
Any extension begins from the date the existing permission to stay date finishes. No time is lost by applying early.
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

lomuamart wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:05 pm However, they can apply for the annual extension up to 30 days early.
I’m pretty sure that last year the immigration officer told me I could apply 45 days early, does anyone know for sure if it’s 30 or 45 days early ?
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

Thanks All, that's really helpful :cheers:

Just one more thing (re: hhinner's reply): I assume that my friend will have to obtain his 60 day tourist visa BEFORE he arrives in Thailand - and then go to Tha Yang 14 days before it expires and pay B1900 to extend for 30 days...

#Chazz#
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Yes. I don't know how long before expiry it can be extended, but certainly up until the day before.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

Cheers (again) HH...