Very boring car designs!

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Very boring car designs!

Post by usual suspect »

Well 3 things stick in my mind about recent car-designs here...
1)..Ford have tried their best to copy the shape of a Toyota Fortuner with their latest Everest model. :idea:

2)..The front end of Toyota's Revo looks just like something from a 'Transformers' film.

3)...Is there a new-shape Ford Ranger on Thai roads that has not got macho graphics, wider wheels, & a host of other add-ons..? (what is it with these owners..?)
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

handdrummer wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:10 am The problem I found in Thailand was bad service after you’ve shelled out for the car.

That's a nearly universal dealership problem. That and instead of repairing they replace. A good mechanic is getting harder to find.
My experience with the Mazda dealership in HuaHin has been excellent {so far}
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

pharvey wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:28 pm Compare this to the likes of the Porsche 911, introduced in the early 1960's and the design has not changed significantly in 50+ years (although technology obviously has).

I won't mention the AC Cobra, the E-Type Jag etc. :wink:

Out of interest: - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/moto ... ction-eve/

:cheers: :cheers: :bow:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

To liven up car design a bit, I just came across a couple of these crazy three wheelers on a cargo aircraft I was working on and had to get on the internet to find out what they were:

Vanderhall Venice Speedster
http://www.thedrive.com/news/22630/vand ... at-sturgis

Actually, I was surprised that they weren't more expensive because they looked pretty spectacular.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I see a few posts, about service at Mazda dealer / garage. Could someone point me to their location, as I see 2, I think, one rather new, and would like to use the one getting the decent comments from members: (dundrillin & DannyBoy).

I've used the one in Pranburi, and a horrible experience, twice. Neglecting to put everything back on. As soon as I drove out, realized parts were missing (loud), and had to return. Literally impossible to be that incompetent, considering what they forgot to reinstall after doing work.

Thanks in advance
LA
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I have been very happy with the Mazda dealership and the,car, CX 5, petrol engine. The showroom is approx 2 miles north of the traffic lights near the Hilton, on the left.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Guessing this location: https://goo.gl/cu9745

As all 3 on G. Maps have same ph # listed.

THANK YOU
LA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

STEVE G wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:23 am To liven up car design a bit, I just came across a couple of these crazy three wheelers on a cargo aircraft I was working on and had to get on the internet to find out what they were:

Vanderhall Venice Speedster
http://www.thedrive.com/news/22630/vand ... at-sturgis

Actually, I was surprised that they weren't more expensive because they looked pretty spectacular.
It's the 400 watt sound system that sold me. It resembles a car version of the Spyder 3 wheel motorcycle.