Quantitative and systematic trading strategies

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
KCOJ

Quantitative and systematic trading strategies

Post by KCOJ »

I’m interested in meeting and talking with investors here in Hua Hin who have an interest in developing and trading quantitative and systematic investment strategies.

Just to be clear I’m not looking to start an investment club or raise new money … nothing formal at all … just a chance to meet over coffee or a few beers and discuss ideas with like-minded individuals.

By way of background I’ve been involved with trading exchange-listed derivatives for the last 20 years or so, most recently running an asset management firm in Hong Kong. Moved to Hua Hin a couple of months back but still actively involved in system development and trading. It’s a passion of mine and I always enjoy meeting with people who have a similar mind-set … most likely trading their own money as I’m assuming there’s not a big hedge fund community here in HH :)

Doesn’t bother me whether you trade stocks, futures, options or currencies, so long as your approach is quantitative and rules-based as opposed to discretionary investing. Simply looking to discuss and share ideas with people who have a similar interest and enjoy meeting face-to-face rather than via investing forums on the web.

Feel free to pm if you’d prefer.
m_right
Guru
Guru

Re: Quantitative and systematic trading strategies

Post by m_right »

KCOJ wrote:I’m interested in meeting and talking with investors here in Hua Hin who have an interest in developing and trading quantitative and systematic investment strategies.

Just to be clear I’m not looking to start an investment club or raise new money … nothing formal at all … just a chance to meet over coffee or a few beers and discuss ideas with like-minded individuals.

By way of background I’ve been involved with trading exchange-listed derivatives for the last 20 years or so, most recently running an asset management firm in Hong Kong. Moved to Hua Hin a couple of months back but still actively involved in system development and trading. It’s a passion of mine and I always enjoy meeting with people who have a similar mind-set … most likely trading their own money as I’m assuming there’s not a big hedge fund community here in HH :)

Doesn’t bother me whether you trade stocks, futures, options or currencies, so long as your approach is quantitative and rules-based as opposed to discretionary investing. Simply looking to discuss and share ideas with people who have a similar interest and enjoy meeting face-to-face rather than via investing forums on the web.

Feel free to pm if you’d prefer.
I have been trading stocks, options, funds etc. for about 20 years. Just my own money. It is my primary focus now that I am retired and living in Hua Hin. Always trying out new schemes. I always enjoy talking to people that trade for themselves.
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

Thanks m-right, I’ve sent you a pm
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

Thought I'd give this post another whirl and see if we can unearth any other traders here in HH?
altzspec
Novice
Novice

Post by altzspec »

Not yet in HH, but can still discuss over the internet. I am doing futures trading right now. It is entirely automated. Trading both my money and for my bff. But I am also looking more into how to defend our fund in future once we are retired in HH.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Not sure if KCOJ will get your post. His last post was 4 and a half years ago!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

It is a topic of interest. Have sent PM.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
KCOJ

Post by KCOJ »

altzspec/Bluesky

Hi guys, thanks for your replies but unfortunately no longer in HH.

Still trading but after a stint back in HK I'm living in Bali now.