Price comparison FOOD - Hua Hin/U.K

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Price comparison FOOD - Hua Hin/U.K

Post by HHTel »

Aren't we all having fun......

:lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Thistle wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:36 pm cup brewed coffee/2 slices toast,i small pat of butter/2 scrambled eggs/i piece back bacon/i small links sausage,cost 99 baht,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,£2.50,where is that available in the UK?
Repeat question,where can you obtain a tuna and cucumber sandwich,,,,,,,,,,,,50 pence??
Must I say it again? Jesus, I suppose I must. Not talking about cafe's or restaurants as they can charge what they like factoring in location, food, ambience. I'm talking about buying groceries from the shops. Bread, milk, beans, tuna, sausages, bacon, butter, cheese, potatoes, pasta, sauce... (must I go on - really)

FFSake! Reading comprehension has gone downhill somewhat.

:banghead:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Yet another useless thread - you are either here or there and what difference do the comments + or - mean/help/etc
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:16 pm
Thistle wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:36 pm cup brewed coffee/2 slices toast,i small pat of butter/2 scrambled eggs/i piece back bacon/i small links sausage,cost 99 baht,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,£2.50,where is that available in the UK?
Repeat question,where can you obtain a tuna and cucumber sandwich,,,,,,,,,,,,50 pence??
Must I say it again? Jesus, I suppose I must. Not talking about cafe's or restaurants as they can charge what they like factoring in location, food, ambience. I'm talking about buying groceries from the shops. Bread, milk, beans, tuna, sausages, bacon, butter, cheese, potatoes, pasta, sauce... (must I go on - really)

FFSake! Reading comprehension has gone downhill somewhat.

:banghead:
Mr Smartass.....

Most of the groceries you mention are items NOT on the average Thai shopping list.....And your IQ (?) can not connect the dots.......Local produce is cheaper than foreign....What a surprise
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Most of the groceries you mention are items NOT on the average Thai shopping list
Didn't realise we'd all suddenly turned Thai. Feck me, that happened quick.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Anywho, it's been emotional. Who could have thunk a thread comparing the price of groceries would cause such a kerfuffle.

E-Dork's still got it. Like riding a bike :wink:

:neener:

Edit: that came across poorly. Not a wind up with the topic (just some of the people). Buksi has a similar experience regarding the cost of food. Groceries are cheaper in the uk than here. Much cheaper. No argument or debate needed. A simple google will suffice.

The only thing more expensive in the UK is housing - and it's a big hit.

:cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm E-Dork's still got it. Like riding a bike :wink:
Well just make sure you don't fall off!
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:31 pm
Lost wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm E-Dork's still got it. Like riding a bike :wink:
Well just make sure you don't fall off!
:wink:

:cheers:
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

A Yank, and I find the only thing less expensive here; bottled water, accessible healthcare, and lack of RE Taxes. That's it for USA expats.

For tourist, surf side hotels, and metered taxis.

Hindsight, if exercised, I'd probably would have stayed in the USA. Kind of rooted now, or just too lazy to leave..... :cheers: Quite enjoy where I live now, except....

How hot........Damn hot. Still haven't acclimated to the weather. Thank Buddha for AC :bow:
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

fabman wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:49 pm we were in Pattaya last week for a few days, food and alcohol so much cheaper there. Great full English breakfast including tea or coffee, orange juice etc only 99 baht. Alcohol in bars ( not that I am a big drinker) on average about a third less than HH. Sure Pattaya has some seedy areas, but there are some decent areas as well. I live in Soi 6 and the bars out this way charge more for a beer or Rum than in anywhere central Pattaya. Hua Hin is way over priced, no wonder there are so many empty houses here. Generally a lot more tourist in Pattaya as well. I came to live in Hua Hin because I preferred it here, but times are changing. Your money will only go so far..
Yes I agree with that, I was surprised that everything in Pattaya seemed cheaper than here.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Your opening post did NOT mention grocery prices,,,,,,,look what you stated about the breakfast!!!!!!!
It was only clarified when Buksida mentioned that shopping was cheaper for food items.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm The only thing more expensive in the UK is housing - and it's a big hit.
Electricity, water, fuel, TV packages and entertainment generally, eating out, rents, taxes, car taxes, VAT, phone deals, fines, clothing and shoes, beans on toast and eating at Thai restaurants! :D
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well done, Caller. A realist!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

laphanphon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 pm A Yank, and I find the only thing less expensive here; bottled water, accessible healthcare, and lack of RE Taxes. That's it for USA expats.

For tourist, surf side hotels, and metered taxis.

Hindsight, if exercised, I'd probably would have stayed in the USA. Kind of rooted now, or just too lazy to leave..... :cheers: Quite enjoy where I live now, except....

How hot........Damn hot. Still haven't acclimated to the weather. Thank Buddha for AC :bow:
You can add rent, electricity, water & many restaurants. Looking at Craigslist for various cities in the US., there are no 2 bedroom, 2 bath, fully furnished houses with access to a pool and gym for 15,000Bht a month. Not even in Hardtimes, Mississippi. Ditto to your weather comment.