CHILDREN ACTIVITIES

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Hervelon

CHILDREN ACTIVITIES

Post by Hervelon »

As my boys are spending more time in our house in hua hin, i am looking for activities for them to do according to their age one is 5years old and the other 12years...is there any organised acitvities for them to do, they are both english speaking and i am more than happy for them to mix with local kids...and maybe even speak Thai someday!! just want them to do other things than being at home and swimming pool which is fine. I need them to get interested in other actvities...
Please let me know
Herve
newlife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by newlife »

Hi Herve,

What I've found out from this website is that there is no facility to take care of the children..Thus I also have the same concerns since I will bring my 6yr old son in June to HH... Actually the way below is being done in Korea...and am considering to organize this once I get there....But don't know whether it is easy to find out people who want to participate in.

-Make parents club or mothers club whatsoever
-Have gathering together to find out what each person can contribute for their children (ex. teach cooking/ painting/ playing instruments/ sports or offer gathering venue etc...) and to make the plan including date/activities while letting their children build some rapports
-By turn those particular parents/mother/father take in charge of all participating children on the date planed with that activities.
-Sometimes, organize special event together...Travel/Summer School etc

Besides this, if you find out any useful information for kids, can you share it with me? I also will do...Hope we can make our children happier there with more friends so that we also can be happier. :-)

Then cheers,
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Thanks Pete for putting a bit more perspective on this post.

It’s a very good idea. A club for parents to involve their children in sharing and teaching whatever skills or knowledge they have with each others children is a superb idea. We have all had interests over the years, some of which we might well have excelled at, and it would be of great advantage to our kids to share these passions with a greater number of children than just our own. I for one would welcome this for my own, it’s a big world, with many lessons and much passion for extra curricula activities with an experienced or knowledge based agenda. I don’t see much of this type of activity in Thailand.

I’m in.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

count me in too

ill be there in a few weeks

daughter only 1yr
:cheers: :cheers:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
newlife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by newlife »

Hey thank you for your interests, JD & bozzman101! :-)

Am still in KL, Malaysia and will move to HH around end of April. And my son will come only in June from Korea to HH at earliest...But love to organize this first once I get there as long as there are people to join in. Since I will visit HH on 30 March for 2 nights, how about meeting up to share more idea on this around those dates?

Or some of you can organize this there first..or also can start from May or June...;-)

Then hope we can make it happen. Cheers
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

Post by bozzman101 »

sure i will be there from 26 th on :thumb:
Once you go Asian you will never go Caucasian !!
newlife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by newlife »

Cool! :-)

Guess Saturday's evening is better for me...meaning on 31 March?
Anyone who can suggest the venue such as bar or restaurant?
Haven't been there...no idea about this...

Once we set the time, date and venue to meet, how about posting it into Whiteboard so that we can have more people to join us? :-)

Hmmm so excited already! ;-)

Cheers!
Ziggy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ziggy »

Sounds great. We'd be interested in meeting. Let us know...
Last edited by Ziggy on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
newlife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by newlife »

Sorry... have deleted my previous post since my plan has been changed...
I will no longer visit HH on 30 March.... instead, will move to HH on 1 April!!! :-)

Will do let you know later about the gathering related to this children activities...

Cheers