New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Post by T.O.M. »

^^
"Letters showing income from outside Thailand are not acceptable" Quote

Isn't that exactly what the bank letter is confirming?

I think the big change here is, that immigration now wants to see proof of the money is actually transferred to Thailand, unlike before with the income letter from the embassy only confirmed that the applicant had income/pension from his home country....and could keep it there if he so wished.
So the new rules...yet to be confirmed....makes sense.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Letters showing income from outside Thailand are not acceptable.
Not sure whether letters from other embassies will be accepted. Some say yes and others no.

The income letter, I believe, was a concession made by the Immigration Bureau to make life easier. However, the original police order (copied in my last post) makes no mention of embassy letters.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

T.O.M. wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:43 pm ^^
"Letters showing income from outside Thailand are not acceptable" Quote

Isn't that exactly what the bank letter is confirming?

I think the big change here is, that immigration now wants to see proof of the money is actually transferred to Thailand, unlike before with the income letter from the embassy only confirmed that the applicant had income/pension from his home country....and could keep it there if he so wished.
So the new rules...yet to be confirmed....makes sense.
The bank letter shows how much is deposited in Thailand. Which can be substantially less than what your actual monthly income may be.

New rules are confirmed. I'll post a jpg or pdf of them when I get home.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've been wondering for a little while about how to show the minimum 65K a month deposits into a Thai bank account as the UK Emb doesn't issue letters any more.
When I look at my KBank passbook, any deposits just have the code TRN for transfer. On internet banking, which I assume will mirror any bank statement, it shows Domestic Transfer (as it is from BKK to HH).
Assuming that Imm will want to see that the monies have come from overseas, I asked in the bank this afternoon and was told that I can get Credit Advice Statements from BKK - therefore showing international transfers - for free. But they'll only go back 3 months. (Didn't think to ask whether the time limit was for free statements or if records were expunged after that).
I might have missed it, but in the absence of seeing verification that a bank letter will suffice, maybe this might be helpful for others but I emphasise that this is just for Kasikorn.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm assuming that as we will be getting the letter from the bank in future, the bank will have that sorted. Or is it a case of left and right hands again?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Does the order actually state that the income has to come from abroad?

Points 48; Position 20
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 pm Does the order actually state that the income has to come from abroad?
I have posted it before on another thread...but specially for you I will do it again.
immm.jpg
immm.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, you did post that before. However, I've read that and the more authoritative police order - where does it state the need for the money to come from overseas?

Points 48; Position 20
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Sorry, off topic but I can't help myself. Still after 30 years, it always amuses me, when they use the word "alien."

Immigration officer: "Alien, you have no proof of your income."
Me: "ET call home."
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Appearing tonight, for one night only, the newest Rock and Rap sensation from Thailand, those elegant aliens: Mutatis Mutandis.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm Yes, you did post that before. However, I've read that and the more authoritative police order - where does it state the need for the money to come from overseas?
Try to think.
The new bank letter is replacing the income statement from the embassy, which confirmed income abroad. So of course the money has to come from overseas, even if the police order doesn't spell it out.
If not you could use the same 65k over and over again, ...if deposits from within Thailand were accepted....Deposit 65k, withdraw 65k and one month later deposit them again. Rinse and repeat.
And the codes in your bank book actually tell if the deposit was made here or overseas. Know that from experience, a couple of years ago I needed to pay for a hotel room abroad. The hotel didn't accept credit/debit cards, so the money had to be transferred into the owners account in Australia. The bank said NO, because my bank book didn't show any deposits from overseas, and therefore could not transfer money out of the country. They were happy to let me withdraw money and buy $, so I could buy the owner cash on arrival....Thai logic.
My point is...the codes in your bank book tell a story, if you know how to read them.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:28 pm Yes, you did post that before. However, I've read that and the more authoritative police order - where does it state the need for the money to come from overseas?
For a retirement visa, where could the money possibly come from, if not from abroad?
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

RCer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 pm For a retirement visa, where could the money possibly come from, if not from abroad?
Well, at least theoretically, it could come from monies invested locally (rental property, stocks, shares, mutual funds, ETF's etc).
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:31 pm
RCer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:40 pm For a retirement visa, where could the money possibly come from, if not from abroad?
Well, at least theoretically, it could come from monies invested locally (rental property, stocks, shares, mutual funds, ETF's etc).
Rental properties...No Either in your Thai wife's name=her income or company name =company's income.

Stocks...Yes. Immigration will accept local stock dividends as income.....so if the dividends are above 400/800k yearly and deposited into your savings account here, you have met the financial requirement for an extension.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Probably exactly the same places the 800,000 Baht show money for a retirement extension can come from.

Yes, mine will be transferred as part of my pension, but I've never known Immigration ask where my money has come from previously.

Points 48; Position 20