Premier League 2018-2019

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2018-2019

Post by dtaai-maai »

arcadianagain wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 am Spurs have Premiership winning ambitions
And Arsenal don't? That's a sorry state of affairs!

Seriously, I quoted the 3 teams I see fighting for 3rd and 4th place, though Man U are now back in the mix (just).

Let's be realistic here, Spurs are aiming to get into the new stadium (eventually!) and finish in the top 4. They have been grouped with Liverpool and MC as potential Premiership winners, but I don't think they're very high on anyone's list of favourites to do so, and that includes Spurs fans.

I'll be content with 4th, happy with 3rd, and chuffed to bits with anything better than that. I'm sure the old Arsenal/Spurs rivalry will go on forever, but right now it's not something I think of unless there's a derby game coming up. :cheers:
This is the way
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

arcadianagain wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 am We`re not talking about Arsenal so don`t be so defensive, Spurs have Premiership winning ambitions so why not quote Man City`s and Liverpool`s GF
Wow, Arsenal have fallen further in your mind (the fans) than I'd realised. Chin up, lad. They're only just off the pace. A couple of good signings and you'll be back challenging.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Lost wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am
arcadianagain wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:45 am We`re not talking about Arsenal so don`t be so defensive, Spurs have Premiership winning ambitions so why not quote Man City`s and Liverpool`s GF
Wow, Arsenal have fallen further in your mind (the fans) than I'd realised. Chin up, lad. They're only just off the pace. A couple of good signings and you'll be back challenging.

:cheers:
Just being realistic, Lost. It`s a new manager who`s trying to put more steel into the team on limited money. How long have Pochettino and Klopp been in place without instant success? Having been a fan since the 50s I have seen ups and downs and don`t expect miracles unlike many supporters who think Arsenal have an automatic right ever since they jumped on the bandwagon since the early Wenger days.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

So Llorente, stepped up to the plate, and stuck it in the net today.

We needn't have worried. Dele Ali off injured too. Happy days.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Dele Alli out till March with hamstring injury. Dropping like flies at the minute. Its ok though, Dele and Kane are only gonna miss both Dortmund games and a semi final (plus the premier league games off course). No biggie.

All of a sudden our squad is looking a little thin.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Not premier league but glad Spurs' have got that Mickey Mouse cup out the way. We need to focus on the FA cup, Champions League and premier league titles this season.

Seriously though, we looked shite playing with 4 of our best players out. Squad is looking threadbare Levy. DO something about it!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 am Not premier league but glad Spurs' have got that Mickey Mouse cup out the way. We need to focus on the FA cup, Champions League and premier league titles this season
I shouldn’t worry about it to much Lost, you won’t be winning any of them this season :thumb:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:57 am
Lost wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:56 am Not premier league but glad Spurs' have got that Mickey Mouse cup out the way. We need to focus on the FA cup, Champions League and premier league titles this season
I shouldn’t worry about it to much Lost, you won’t be winning any of them this season :thumb:
Since we lost Kane, Son, Alli, Trippier (?) Sissoko ( :D ) we have spent 45 minutes getting battered by Chelsea and, more worryingly, 45 minutes getting hammered by Fulham (they should have stuck 3 or 4 past us.)

"Pochettino Out!"

:laugh:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Spurs are playing it clever. Get two cups out the way in quick succesion so we can focus on lifting the Champions League trophy and keeping our spot in the premier league.

Good thinking. Smart decisions being made at the club.

:rasta:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

2 points closer to that top spot...

8)
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Lost wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:48 pm 2 points closer to that top spot...

We certainly are,COYG. :cheers:

8)
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Emiliano Sala plane wreckage found in Channel

Wreckage from the plane which disappeared with Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala and pilot on board has been found in the English Channel.

It follows a search by two ships off Guernsey on Sunday.

David Mearns, on behalf of the footballer's family, confirmed the wreckage was located earlier.

Teams from the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) have now moved into location at the site to recover the aircraft.

"Wreckage from plane which disappeared with Cardiff City's Emiliano Sala and pilot on board found in English Channel located early this morning by the FPV MORVEN," Mr Mearns said.

"The families of Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson have been notified by police.

"Tonight our sole thoughts are with the families and friends of Emiliano and David."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-47111632
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Emiliano Sala: Body identified as Cardiff City footballer

Maps, photos etc., at link. :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-47166633
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I never thought I`d be able to write "Chelsixnil" Thank you Man C
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

arcadianagain wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm I never thought I`d be able to write "Chelsixnil" Thank you Man C
Surely Sarri has to go. Conceded 12 goals in their last 3 away games and scored none. Something is very wrong.

:shock: