Hua Hin Tour

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Hua Hin Tour

Post by Big Boy »

This is something I've only seen advertised in Thai. I'm inundated with visitors at the moment, so I thought this might be a great opportunity to show them around in this crazy heat at the moment, and best of all, it's free. I did reconsider after the recent incident at Rajabhakti Park, but I didn't fancy the walking alternative.
Tram.jpg
Tram.jpg (123.56 KiB) Viewed 792 times
The trip departs Hua Hin Station at 10am, 2pm and 5pm. Tickets have to be booked on the day, opposite the ticket office at the train station. Funny thing, after the recent Rajabhakti Park incident, insurance played a major part in booking of tickets. Mrs BB and I had our ID Cards, so we weren't a problem. However, our visitors didn't have their passports with them, so had to sign an insurance waiver (actually very efficient for Thailand).

We were on the 2pm bus. We boarded, and were showered with gifts - a memorial train ticket, a guide book for the trip and a ToT fan. Now, being a resident, I wasn't expecting too much from this tour, but I was there for our guests and could tell them about the various features in English.

I was right, very little in the tour for me, but a nice way to show friends around.

First stop (after driving past several points of interest) was at the Chinese Temples. Everybody had a good walk around, and more gifts i.e. Cold water and steamed buns with pork inside.

Next stop was inside Centara (back in the day on walking tours, I was never able to gain access to the grounds). We were taken around the beautiful gardens and loads of photos were taken. Also a visit to the museum.

Next stop was Hua Hin Temple. More gifts - hard boiled eggs :?

Final stop was my worst nightmare - a visit to the sponsor, Bluport. I certainly didn't see that one coming. At least it was cool, the toilets are good, and we sat for half an hour on a Bluport deckchair - chilling :D .

Then finish back at the railway station.

Conclusion, our visitors thought the trip was excellent. I couldn't disagree for a freebie - an afternoon well spent for any newbie to Hua Hin.

If anybody wants more information, there is a phone number 032 513 885
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Scout
Professional
Professional

Re: Hua Hin Tour

Post by Scout »

Excellent trip report BB, Thanks for posting ! I have a houseful of guests at the moment, I think we’ll try to do this tour.
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Hua Hin Tour

Post by daio »

We went this afternoon Sunday really enjoyed .Thanks for info BB.