Carrying your passport?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Carrying your passport?

Post by caller »

Whenever I travel within Thailand, I always take my passport, but it generally stays in a hotel safe or at the other half's Bkk condo. I do use it to check into hotels, but when asked at the myriad other places to produce it, my Thai license has always been accepted instead.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

With all this talk of a tm30, I decided to look it up as I didn't really know what it was. In almost 20 years here I've never submitted one. I've left the country several times and been away on holiday many times. When friends and family from the UK visit, we don't inform immigration, although some would have put my address down on their arrival card.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I read somewhere recently (maybe on here?), that immigration (Phuket?) had said the TM30 isn't needed by those on extension visa's, as that's what the 90 day report is for, which makes sense.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

That would certainly make sense, caller. Not usual for sense to prevail here though!