Eating out in the Bor Fai area

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Eating out in the Bor Fai area

Post by migrant »

Going to be spending some time around here, Emerald Hills. Any recommendations on places to eat, both falang and Thai, appreciated!!

:cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Eating out in the Bor Fai area

Post by Nereus »

migrant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 am Going to be spending some time around here, Emerald Hills. Any recommendations on places to eat, both falang and Thai, appreciated!! :cheers:
Hmm, I guess that you want more than just a bottle of water? :rasta:
What used to be Mr Burger 3 and then Oasis, and is now Gala Lagoon.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37783&p=486467&hil ... ce#p486467
..........................................................................................
Over the Kanal bridge at Soi 6, immediately turn right, continue past the Temple until the fork in the road and at that junction on the left is, or was, "Mr Nice". Plenty of parking on vacant land opposite. Not been for awhile, and then only for lunch, but good service and a big menu.
.........................................................................................................
Continue straight west from Mr. Nice until obliged to turn right. Kor Sor Resort. Up market resort but Pork Ribs worth going out of the way for. Again, I have not been recently.

http://www.bangkok.com/huahin/kor-sor-r ... cation.htm
........................................................................................................
by handdrummer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:07 pm
For those who haven't eaten there I'd like to recommend Passport Restaurant on Smorprong Rd, on the way to the Wat, across from Tropical Hill 1. It's owned by Mike and American and his Thai wife who does the cooking. If your a pork chop aficionado they don't get an better than this. About 1" think and the size of a T-bone, sweet and juicy. They serve Western and Thai food at extremely reasonable prices. Ex: The pork chop with baked, mashed or fries and a large salad is 235BHT. I've been eating there for 4 yrs. and everything tastes good.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24223&start=15#p467571
............................................................................................................
So, when you have decided which is the best, let me know what time to meet you there! :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

So, when you have decided which is the best, let me know what time to meet you there!

You're welcome to go on your own and discover what you like "best." Sorry, only Thai beer and cheap wine.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Nereus wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:32 pm
migrant wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:20 am Going to be spending some time around here, Emerald Hills. Any recommendations on places to eat, both falang and Thai, appreciated!! :cheers:
Hmm, I guess that you want more than just a bottle of water? :rasta:
What used to be Mr Burger 3 and then Oasis, and is now Gala Lagoon.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=37783&p=486467&hil ... ce#p486467
..........................................................................................
Over the Kanal bridge at Soi 6, immediately turn right, continue past the Temple until the fork in the road and at that junction on the left is, or was, "Mr Nice". Plenty of parking on vacant land opposite. Not been for awhile, and then only for lunch, but good service and a big menu.
.........................................................................................................
Continue straight west from Mr. Nice until obliged to turn right. Kor Sor Resort. Up market resort but Pork Ribs worth going out of the way for. Again, I have not been recently.

http://www.bangkok.com/huahin/kor-sor-r ... cation.htm
........................................................................................................
by handdrummer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:07 pm
For those who haven't eaten there I'd like to recommend Passport Restaurant on Smorprong Rd, on the way to the Wat, across from Tropical Hill 1. It's owned by Mike and American and his Thai wife who does the cooking. If your a pork chop aficionado they don't get an better than this. About 1" think and the size of a T-bone, sweet and juicy. They serve Western and Thai food at extremely reasonable prices. Ex: The pork chop with baked, mashed or fries and a large salad is 235BHT. I've been eating there for 4 yrs. and everything tastes good.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24223&start=15#p467571
............................................................................................................
So, when you have decided which is the best, let me know what time to meet you there! :cheers:
Thanks!! Will forward meet up date at a future date!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Is Food and Beve up past Palm Hills near the Temple still considered Bor Fai?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

No. If it's past Palm Hills going north it's not even in Hua Hin.