Premier League 2019-2020

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Re: Premier League 2019-2020

Post by Lost »

On a brighter note, mathematically we're still in the title race. If we win our remaining games...I think we've a good chance.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

G reat to see Palace in the top 4, doing well this year with no expensive stars.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

The Spuds are absolute taters at the moment... so bad they are taking the heat off Man Utd.
Poch has had a good 5 years here but time to go. The squad needs refreshing... not entirely his fault.
So Allegri to Tottenham... certainly not Mourinho.
Poch to Man Utd with Solksjaer DOF??
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know (and others may have noticed) that I have a down on Harry Kane. I feel entitled because he will be leading my nation on to the football field next weekend.

I watched the 2nd half of that game yesterday, and spotted:
  • 60th minute cameo appearance by Kane, when the cameraman zoomed in on him (without the ball), just to let us know he was still on the pitch. I think the comment was something like, 'not having his best game.'
  • 71st minute he received the ball, and a forward of his calibre should have at least made the keeper work - I think he was auditioning for Owen Farrell's job.
  • 88th minute he was involved in a bit of rough and tumble, getting the other guy booked.
As far as I could see, that was the guy's only 2nd half contribution. This is the English Premier League - no team can afford to carry such a liability. Whilst carrying a passenger, I'm afraid I can't disagree with Lost's VAR comment. Maybe he was brilliant in the first half - I didn't watch that.

The best England's got - really?

You guys won't believe me, but as England's 'best', I've really tried to like the guy, but I honestly don't see what there is to like. Good penalty taker though.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

The Spuds were just as poor in the first half.
Not just the Hurrikane but all of them. I can't think of one who had a decent game...
Eriksen bloody awful, obviously wants out.
Alderweireld and Vertonghen looking old and slow.
I know Lloris has a bad arm injury but wtf was he doing ?
Most worrying of all was the team showed no fight. Brighton did play well but they are probably no better than 14th-15th in the EPL.
Anyway,tonight, Newcastle 4 Man Utd 0 to bring some balance back to the forum. :D
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Zidane wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:45 am Anyway,tonight, Newcastle 4 Man Utd 0 to bring some balance back to the forum. :D
:lach:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

At least Utd fans realise they need a decent striker :run:

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m not a huge fan of Harry Kane, however his record compared to others playing in the EPL is better than most, in most of the past 4-5 seasons he’s been highest scorer or runner up, so regardless of whether you think he’s great or krap, his record is better than most. Maybe it’s simply a sad reflection on the standard we have to endure these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

I,m sure Harold's fiercest critic, BB, would still rate him slightly higher than Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford ! :D
Of the current crop of Premiership strikers he,s nowhere near as good as Aguero, Salah or Mane imo.
I,d rank him about the same as Aubemyang although the Arsenal man has a bit of pace whilst Harold does not.

As for Brighton, the young lad Connolly looks a good prospect and Dunk has developed into a decent centre back.... United will probably try to sign him for 120m in the summer. :wink:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm a Plymouth fan - I'm used to bad football. I'm happier when they're winning, but am used to defeat. So long as the players put in a full shift, I don't mind. Lingard and Rashford try, that's all you can ask.

I follow Ratchaburi here in Thailand. Far from the the best, not the worst. Last season we had a player - Valskis. Must have been the laziest player in Thailand, but he scored goals. Yes, I hated him.

Points 51; Position 21
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Zidane wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:12 pm United will probably try to sign him for 120m in the summer. :wink:
... and give him 500k a week and a new ferrari every lunchtime.

:wink:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

One of the most prolific goal scorers of his era - Jimmy Greaves, would often drift into invisibility during a game and then pop up and score the winner. I can’t remember all about him, but he was not known for his grafting, but he was there to score goals.

Not wanting to make direct comparisons because it’s a different era, but other than last year, Kane has been top or second top goal scorer in the EPL and statistically that’s not to be sniffed at, so he has been making a positive contribution, but obviously not to everyone’s satisfaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

If Harry is not getting any service, like yesterday, what's he meant to do? Drop into midfield?

He is not a flair player. He is not technically gifted. But my word does he know where the goal is! Give him a chance and 9 times out of 10 he'll find the back of the net. His hold up play is good and his passing is better than most of our team.

If the ball's not getting to him though, what can he do? Shearer is the closest comparison to Kane. No speed. No dribbling prowess. No fancy tricks. Get the ball to either feet (Kane has a better left foot than Shearer ever had) or his head and you'll get goals.

Apparently, Kane had a bad September. When the below stats are bad for him it just shows how strictly judged he is!
FB_IMG_1570353157302.jpg
FB_IMG_1570353157302.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:46 pm
United make me sick. F***ing joke club! Inflate player fees - along with their players' egos - and salaries for everyone else. Under-performing, money chasing, selfie loving Prima Donnas.

Hope they get relegated the poisonous bunch of inbreds.
Could it happen? Could it!?

:shock:
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

8 points clear of "Shitty", and United lost. A nearly perfect football weekend for me :-D
YNWA