Buying From Lazada Through Kasikorn Bank

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: Buying From Lazada Through Kasikorn Bank

Post by lomuamart »

And BTW, I really thought that COD was just a payment method used by my mother a million years ago. But obviously it's the safe way to go.

My wife orders loads over the internet now - but not from Lazada. I've just looked at the boxes her stuff comes in and there's COD all over them.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

lomuamart wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:31 pm And BTW, I really thought that COD was just a payment method used by my mother a million years ago. But obviously it's the safe way to go.

My wife orders loads over the internet now - but not from Lazada. I've just looked at the boxes her stuff comes in and there's COD all over them.
As you say, it’s a safe way as you only pay once the goods arrived.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Once bitten..
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

lomuamart wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:26 pm However, I will check with the bank and see whether Lazada are pulling the wool over my eyes. Either way, I don't suppose I'll win but maybe I'll get closer to some truth?
I don't think you'll have too much bother there. One way or another, you will get your money back. Lazada have never come across as dishonest to me.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

:agree:

You are correct with the overseas items, quite often COD is not available.

I usually pay upfront with the Kbank card as I don't keep that much cash in the house and may not be about to take the delivery. Never had a problem with Lazada but as mentioned above it is likely to be the bank causing the delays, they always do when it comes to giving money back!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Maybe I’ve been lucky, but the last two items (and a number of items before) have all come directly from China and all of them have accepted COD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I think they realise they have been losing business - I've noticed more and more items coming from China are offering COD these days.

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

After my online spat with them last night, they have emailed to say that they'll respond again within two days - which means nothing.

I will check out the bank and its refund policy but not today as I'm feeling a bit fragile and that will only end up in an argument which will get me nowhere.

But "the billing process" WTF? OK, I appreciate that statements are normally generated monthly, but does that mean that if I use the ATM or buy something then that debit doesn't show until that next "billing period".

No, didn't think so.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The other thread running about Amazon reminded me that I should have finished this one off.

I got the refund this Monday - much to my surprise. On Lazada's website, the transaction finishes with " refund to credit card".

I have a DC not a CC. Lazada's refund policy is within 7 days to CC and 45 to DC. I got mine 6 days after the "purchase".

I doubt this result was down to my subtle handling of negotiations as I was pretty angry. It's a result nevertheless.

Now, that refund was going to go to Amazon but the other thread....viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38690. No wonder old fogies like me are put off buying anything on the net.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Try the below two places Lomu. Local Thai and you may be able to find what you're looking for. They are the two biggest competitors here to Lazada.

https://www.jd.co.th

https://shopee.com
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I used Shopee once, and it was so complicated/outdated, I vowed never again.

Points 48; Position 20
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:56 pm I used Shopee once, and it was so complicated/outdated, I vowed never again.
I used Shopee for the first time this weekend to order some bicycle tires. What a mess. For one thing, you can't change the language on the website; only on their phone app. (See below.) So, Thai it is.

I managed to find the tires I wanted, but the checkout procedure was so convoluted that I had to get help from my wife. She's Thai, but even she had trouble navigating the process. We finally got the tires ordered and paid for.

They sent an email with an order tracking link. But, clicking the link on my phone took me to Safari which redirected me to iPhone App Store instead of to the order link and wanted me to download the Shopee App. But, I use the US App Store and simply got a message that the Shopee App is not available to the US App Store. I went back to Safari which immediately redirected me to the App Store, on and on in an endless loop. I finally had to force quit Safari to get out of the loop.

The tires arrived yesterday and are just fine. But, like Big Boy, I am most hesitant to ever order from them again.

Edit: I just noticed this on a Shopee help web page from 2018: "Please note that our Shopee website is under development for other languages setting. Please stay tuned for the update!"

I guess it's harder than they though.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I've used Shopee quite a bit. Use Chrome browser, w/auto translate, and does a fair job.

One Shopee pet peeve, (shipping) always listed as free shipping, but rarely is on check out. A few vendors use non Kerry shipping, and worth the extra few baht for Kerry as an option. 2 shipping agents they use, won't return to deliver or drop off at neighbor, and simply don't deliver, returning you order to vendor, if not home on 1st and only attempt.

Besides that, quite happy with them. Prefer LAZ, as returns never a problem.

When searching products, try usuing 'priceza.com', as a listing site with price comparisons, including many vendors; LAZ, Shopee, JDcentral, and the usual China suspects (AliExpress / Banggood)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been looking for a product for weeks. Eventually tried Shopee. They have loads, but I can not order it - I have grown up with IT and just can't hack it.

The good news however, is once I'd found it on Shopee, I put the name into priceza.com (thank you laphanphon) and it produced what I wanted, and available through Lazada - slightly more expensive, but at least I've ordered it.

Points 48; Position 20
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

:cheers: