Huge Chinese property development planned for Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Re: Huge Chinese property development planned for Hua Hin

Post by wenshidi »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:46 pm In Guangzhou, there is a 30,00 sq. meter shopping mall called Thai Garden with Thai souvenirs and products. At night there's Thai Classical dancing. In the mall there is a replica of the Chakri Palace and outside 2 well known statues, the Erawan Shrine and a 3 headed elephant"It was built for poor people to enjoy without spending money totravel.
Have you ever been to the similarly Thai themed mall on the way out to Luosiwan in Kunming?

Not the emptiest shopping mall in China, but bloody close.
Even the flagship restaurant had closed down.

With regard to the Chinese developments, very few Chinese are interested in living here. They only want to buy property that they can rent out on Airbnb, mainly because property in China is so over inflated it is no longer a good investment.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Huge Chinese property development planned for Hua Hin

Post by handdrummer »

wenshidi wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:31 pm
handdrummer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:46 pm In Guangzhou, there is a 30,00 sq. meter shopping mall called Thai Garden with Thai souvenirs and products. At night there's Thai Classical dancing. In the mall there is a replica of the Chakri Palace and outside 2 well known statues, the Erawan Shrine and a 3 headed elephant"It was built for poor people to enjoy without spending money totravel.
Have you ever been to the similarly Thai themed mall on the way out to Luosiwan in Kunming?

Not the emptiest shopping mall in China, but bloody close.
Even the flagship restaurant had closed down.

With regard to the Chinese developments, very few Chinese are interested in living here. They only want to buy property that they can rent out on Airbnb, mainly because property in China is so over inflated it is no longer a good investment.
I haven't been there. I agree about the Chinese property buyers but I don't see the point of turning the development on the way to the IM office, into a Chinese conclave. I wonder what they think about their investment now?