second hand cars

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
pinsharp

second hand cars

Post by pinsharp »

Does anyone know where I can buy a reliable second hand car that will come with a good warranty ??

I would only be using it 3-4 months of the year. What taxes do I have to pay and what does insurance cost .. is there 3rd party and fully comp ?

What should I expect to pay for a mid range car with air con and automatic transmission that is arround 2-3 years old ?
Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

The biggest web site database for 2nd hand cars that I know of is this Thai website http://www.one2car.com/

You may need to get initial help from a Thai friend but the site should answer your question regarding cost. A cash offer 10 to 15% below the asking prices should be possible.

If you are only using your car 3/4 months per year have you considered leasing? (avoiding tax and insurance). [ edited ].
buksida

Post by buksida »

Jockey, have you lost the plot mate?

Had to edit your post as there is no way we can link to this wankers site after all the grief he has caused this forum and its staff.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Pinsharp, have a look at this, it will give you some idea of 2nd Hand Prices and Specs
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/
Go to the Thailand section and there is a function to change to English.
It normally gives some pretty accurate info and I have used the one in Australia where they are produced
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... automobile

Seeketh, and Ye findeth, knocketh and Ye shall be knocketh outte.
Haggleth, and Ye shalt be given a Discountte of 15 - 20 % of the Taladrod prices.
philippe
Amateur
Amateur

Post by philippe »

buy a fortuner best value in Thailand, even 2nd hand....
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

If you are looking for 2/3yrs old the best advice would be to buy a new one. You will be surprised at how expensive 2/3 year old cars are in Thailand.

In Thailand you cannot guarantee that all the mechanicals in a second hand car are genuine. Also there are experts at re-furbishing written off wrecks.
At least if it is new you have a warranty etc.

For 2/3 months a year the major Car Rental companies do some really good deals. You then do not have to worry about servicing, insurance,Tax etc.
pinsharp

Post by pinsharp »

Is it possible to agree a rental for 3-4 months and spread the usage over the year ? This sounds like a good way forward. Also do the charges generally include collision damage waiver ?
tj

Post by tj »

A freind just rented a vehicle for the last 3 months. A 4 door pick up about 5 years old but in good condition for 20,000 a month. A good deal me thinks as insurance was also included.
If your not cheating your only cheating yourself
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

tj wrote:A freind just rented a vehicle for the last 3 months. A 4 door pick up about 5 years old but in good condition for 20,000 a month. A good deal me thinks as insurance was also included.

Is this available in HH as I'm interested.
tj

Post by tj »

yeah was in hua hin but didnt ask where he obtained it from. if u go to roberts wine shop near all in hua hin robert may know? just ask him if he knows where harry from austria got his motor from.
If your not cheating your only cheating yourself
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

tj wrote:yeah was in hua hin but didnt ask where he obtained it from. if u go to roberts wine shop near all in hua hin robert may know? just ask him if he knows where harry from austria got his motor from.
Cheers