Tarantulas

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Tarantulas

Post by Jack_Batty »

Has anybody had any encounters with tarantulas in Hua Hin? I would have thought they would be abundant, given the climate, but I’ve been here almost eight months and I don’t recollect seeing any spiders at all, let alone a tarantula. My girlfriend has been here for 15 years and she says she has seen some, but she can’t recall when or where. I’ve never seen one, except in a pet shop or zoo, and I would love to find one.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Tarantulas

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

sateeb wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:33 pm This site might be of interest

https://www.thethailandlife.com/spiders-thailand
Nice read. Thanks.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

In 20 years, I've come across 1 tarantula some years ago. It was on the garden wall. I watched it for a while....... then the cat killed it!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:54 pm In 20 years, I've come across 1 tarantula some years ago. It was on the garden wall. I watched it for a while....... then the cat killed it!
You've got a bloody cat? And then you wonder why the rain Gods don't like you! :twisted:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Haha. Well they've certainly made up for their lack of interest over the last few days. Heavy rain at 3pm every day. I'll keep my mouth shut in future!