The historic Saharan dust plume is darkening skies in the Caribbean and will soon stretch into the US

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
PeteC

The historic Saharan dust plume is darkening skies in the Caribbean and will soon stretch into the US

Post by PeteC »

The intensity is an historical first from what I can determine. The below link has photos, maps and video. The story is also present on all major News sites around the world. Just search for more....

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/23/weat ... index.html

(CNN)The current Saharan dust episode is leading to the worst dust storm in the Caribbean in decades.

Over the weekend, Saharan dust moved into the Caribbean. By Monday, it had changed the tropical blue skies into a hazy brown-gray color.

On Tuesday, this sunset enhancing, blue sky limiting, tropical threat reducing dust plume continues its 5,000-mile journey toward the US.......
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: The historic Saharan dust plume is darkening skies in the Caribbean and will soon stretch into the US

Post by lindosfan1 »

This happens often , where I lived in Rhodes Greecei, usually in May. You would wake up in the morning and yo9ur car and white house would be covered in a fine red dust. Hose pipes cleared it.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: The historic Saharan dust plume is darkening skies in the Caribbean and will soon stretch into the US

Post by Dannie Boy »

lindosfan1 wrote:This happens often , where I lived in Rhodes Greecei, usually in May. You would wake up in the morning and yo9ur car and white house would be covered in a fine red dust. Hose pipes cleared it.
True, but the Caribbean is 4 times the distance so quite amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk