Hey All

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
DrewM
Novice
Novice

Hey All

Post by DrewM »

I thought I'd introduce myself. I had my first trip to Thailand planned for June and it was of course canceled, so I am setting my sights for next year. Tentatively, I had a two-day itinerary planned for Hua Hin so I suspect I will do at least that.

I don't have much else in the way of an introduction. I am looking forward to spending some time here. :D
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Hey All

Post by Jack_Batty »

Welcome. Where ya from? What are your plans and how long will you be here?
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

what are your plans for the rest of your stay in thailand. i'm sure many people here have experiences of many places in thailand
DrewM
Novice
Novice

Post by DrewM »

Jack_Batty wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:52 am Welcome. Where ya from? What are your plans and how long will you be here?
I am from the US in the midwest. I'd really like to stay three-four weeks budget permitting. However, I may only be able to do two.
DrewM
Novice
Novice

Post by DrewM »

ahandpatsy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:28 pm what are your plans for the rest of your stay in thailand. i'm sure many people here have experiences of many places in thailand
Tentatively, Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Patong. If I can do 3-4 weeks, I'll probably add some more destinations or I might cross some off my list if I discover I really like one place.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

DrewM wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:49 am
ahandpatsy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:28 pm what are your plans for the rest of your stay in thailand. i'm sure many people here have experiences of many places in thailand
Tentatively, Bangkok, Hua Hin, Pattaya, Patong. If I can do 3-4 weeks, I'll probably add some more destinations or I might cross some off my list if I discover I really like one place.
That’s a good plan; don’t have one. Keep it fluid. I came to Thailand for three weeks back in 2001. I had a plan to visit Phuket for the first time and then head on to Laos and then Cambodia. Well, I never left Phuket. Stayed until the night before the night I was to fly back to Seattle. Patong was an amazing place for a 32 year-old guy back then. I’m sure it still is. I was back there last year for a diving trip and it was much different, but not necessarily in a bad way. It’s just that my agenda had changed over 17 years.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Agree with the keep it fluid and i dont know your age or goals for the trip but pattaya would be the last place i would go and visit
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

ahandpatsy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:57 pm Agree with the keep it fluid and i dont know your age or goals for the trip but pattaya would be the last place i would go and visit
I'm inclined to agree, but in the case of Pattaya it's probably something you need to discover for yourself. Just don't make a long-term advance booking there.
This is the way
DrewM
Novice
Novice

Post by DrewM »

ahandpatsy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:57 pm Agree with the keep it fluid and i dont know your age or goals for the trip but pattaya would be the last place i would go and visit
I am in my early 50s and single. I agree Pattaya may be too much for me as I tend to prefer laid back places where I can be my introverted self. Still, I will probably give it a look even if I don't stay long.