Funny Post Office Story

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Big Boy

Funny Post Office Story

Post by Big Boy »

A friend wanted some Thai Coffee (yes, we all have strange tastes) and asked me to send some. I agreed.

I went to the shop yesterday, bought it, packed it up nicely, and took it to the post office by the airport this morning.

Waited patiently for number to be called. Eventually got to the counter, and handed over the package. He examined the package very carefully, and eventually asked where it was going. I told him it was going to Wales. He thought about it for a while, and asked if Wales was in England.

I replied that Wales was in the UK.

He thought a bit longer, and then tapped away on his computer. Ah yes, Wales is in the Ukraine :laugh: .

I then replied that Wales was part of the United Kingdom.

A further pause, more key tapping and the guy says so Wales IS in England.

I asked if Thailand was in Malaysia, to which he said no. I then said again, Wales is not in England, it is next door.

At this point, a female assistant arrived, and sorted everything.

I just thought it hilarious that he was asking, and I was giving plain answers, certainly not trying to trip him up. He just couldn't comprehend there was a country called Wales. Surely, I can't be the first person who has tried to post a parcel to Wales.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Funny Post Office Story

Post by Dannie Boy »

I reckon you could ask some of the “brighter” inhabitants of the UK and they’d be just as confused!!
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Fuunily enough I was there on Monday regarding not coffee but tea!

It's now 20 days since my son sent me a bunch of tea bags that I can't buy in Thailand(well not unless I pay way over the odds! )

He used international tracked and signed at a cost of £16.00.... and its still cheaper than buying in Thai!

However usually it takes 10/12 days to get here nb even after covid started. The tracking system is absolutely useless! They left UK by air on Monday 13 July and yet still have not arrived in Thailand!! What utter garbage

This time I fear the worst. I reckon they have got 'lost'

Absolute b@llocks!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

Speaking of funny stories, well this one isn't that funny but did happen.

A friend went into a local bank last week with some Euros that he wanted to change into THB. Completely unexpected was the response from the bank: "farang mai dai"

The guy trudges out of the bank, hands the banknotes to his Thai wife who goes back in and instantly gets them converted into baht without a bat of an eyelid.

Only in Thailand ... can you adam and eve it?!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

At the moment I can believe anything that is anti-Farang.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It was announced a while ago that banks and fx booths will not accept 'real' foreign currency. They should have added '...unless you're female and Thai!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When you said Wales I'm pretty sure an image of a whale was in his brain! :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:49 pm When you said Wales I'm pretty sure an image of a whale was in his brain! :laugh:
Or a sheep :duck: :duck:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Why should any non Brit know what and where is Wales ? If I send a letter to Sicily, I would add Italy. The minimum brain would know to add UK to Wales...555
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Oi! "Welsh Lives Matter" you know!! :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

More 90 percenters.

I was thinking of having some t-shirts made with the logo: 90 IQ & proud of it!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've had a similar experience when flying back to Luxembourg and checking in at Survahnabhumi. The girl on the check in desk asked me three times what country Luxembourg was in, she wouldn't accept that it was an independent country. After the third time she asked me if it was in Germany so I just gave up and said yes and she checked me in.