WARNING - Brainless Idiots at Work

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Re: WARNING - Brainless Idiots at Work

Post by ahandpatsy »

I cant work out what the point of the traps are. Is it to stop people coming there. What is the benefit??
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hopefully just an ill thought out prank by kids. Others have suggested to get people on the ground prior to mugging them and to injure animals. A dog running at speed into that fishing line is going to suffer severe lacerations.

However, these are just theories, and only the person doing it, knows for certain.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

I would like to see a picture. Why haven't you taken a photo and posting it here?

YNWA

YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A photo of what? The fishing line wrapped around my leg? Traps that have been broken?

I've only ever seen one trap in place, and that was yesterday. My instinct was to disable it immediately, rather than take a photo. Unfortunately, the nature of this beast is you are not supposed to see them. The first thing you will normally know is when you're trapped/tripped. I am very aware now, and if I do encounter another one (in tact) I will photograph it for you. Traps that have been broken will be little more informative than the photo in the OP. However, spotting my first 'in tact' trap took me 6 months. The next one could be tomorrow or 6 years time - I don't know. Watch this space.........................
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20