Where to buy property in/near Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
mnayman
Novice
Novice

Where to buy property in/near Hua Hin

Post by mnayman »

Hi,
I'm looking to move to the Hua Hin area. Looking for a village outside of town within a 20 minute drive. Any suggestions for villages to look at or avoid? Thanks
mnayman
Novice
Novice

Purchasing a property in Hua Hin

Post by mnayman »

Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a property when Covid finally finishes. Can anyone give me a brief idea of what additional costs over and above the property price are please? Also, i've heard as farang I can only get a 30 year lease with options for 2 further 30 year leases. Can someone confirm if this is true and if yes, how much would the second 30 year lease cost me?

And if anyone can recommend an agent that would be great too.

Thanks
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Where to buy property in/near Hua Hin

Post by pitsch »

Hi, I am living in Pranburi, 20km south of Hua Hin in a very quiet area, 7 km to the beaches of Pak Nam Pran and Khao Kalok. Normally you have to pay the lawyer who makes the contract and half of the costs at the land office. You lease for 30 years, the price for the next 30 years can be negotiated, normally it is free or at very low costs. I know several nice land plots for sale near to my house. If you are interested, please PM me.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Purchasing a property in Hua Hin

Post by Dannie Boy »

mnayman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 am Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a property when Covid finally finishes. Can anyone give me a brief idea of what additional costs over and above the property price are please? Also, i've heard as farang I can only get a 30 year lease with options for 2 further 30 year leases. Can someone confirm if this is true and if yes, how much would the second 30 year lease cost me?

And if anyone can recommend an agent that would be great too.

Thanks
I’m assuming you don’t have a Thai wife or don’t want to put the land (and house) in her name?

What sort of budget are you looking at - pool or not?

Biggest monthly household outgoing will be electricity, depending on how reliant you will be on a/c

Wherever you choose, check with nearby neighbours regarding regular water supplies - most areas are now ok but there are still some areas that are not as reliable.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

If you choose a development then there are likely to be maintenance fees to cover such items as a communal pool, security, lighting, rubbish collection and so on.

There is a lot of debate about 30+ year leases. The first 30 is definitely legit, I doubt anyone has yet found out beyond that.
Talk is cheap
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

The 30+30+30 lease is not longer valid. One 30 year lease is the best one can do. AND if someone does try to add an additional 30 years to the original lease it will void the whole thing.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

The 30 years lease is in a contract which will stay with the land office. The additional 30+30 years can be written in a seperatel contract.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Apart from the fact that Thai will be a Chinese province in another 30 years, the add on 30s are not going to be enforceable. That opinion from a Law professor. Advice to OP---RENT, dont buy at least initially, take your time to look around and ask around when you are in HH.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

mnayman wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 am Hi,
I'm looking to move to the Hua Hin area. Looking for a village outside of town within a 20 minute drive. Any suggestions for villages to look at or avoid? Thanks
You’ve received quite a lot of advice mnayman, but so far no response from you - what are your thoughts?
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

oakdale160 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:27 pm Apart from the fact that Thai will be a Chinese province in another 30 years...
Oakdale160, I’m curious why you refer to Thailand as simply “Thai”, what’s the background for that? You’ve been on forum for a number of years and it seems to be how you describe Thailand so I wanted to understand why you choose this unusual form of address for the country?
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde