'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
lomuamart

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by lomuamart »

I could well be wrong, but I think it's only up to 30 days at HH. I'm sure I've seen posts on here about that.

Basically, it's up to the individual office. Maybe they'll be less strict in the current circumstances?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

In the post about transferring from an Ed Visa the OP mentions 45 days which I assume was in Hua Hin - I specially asked the question at Tha Yang and was told 45 days, but we know these sort of things are not always consistently applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:11 pm In the post about transferring from an Ed Visa the OP mentions 45 days which I assume was in Hua Hin - I specially asked the question at Tha Yang and was told 45 days, but we know these sort of things are not always consistently applied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I was at the main immigration office in Hua Hin. 45-day windows sounded like the standard; not just for my particular scenario.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK, good to hear. Thanks.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

lomuamart wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:07 pm I could well be wrong, but I think it's only up to 30 days at HH. I'm sure I've seen posts on here about that.

Basically, it's up to the individual office. Maybe they'll be less strict in the current circumstances?
Asked the question today at bluport and was advised up to 45 days before Retirement extension is due.
See what happens tomorrow when I go to renew!
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Headed off to immigration yesterday with the necessary paperwork in correct order, received my number downstairs plus orange sticker and headed upstairs to the main office. Number 8 in line, Only 2 initially on the counter and joined later by a third person. Start to finish 45 mins extension granted to 25 October 2021. No issues whatsoever with regards to 45 days.
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

I use the retirement monthly income method, does anybody know if they will accept bank statements printed from the banks website, they already have the original bank book and credit advices containing all the info, along with the letter from the bank itself?

Have people been asked to provide proof of the oveseas income, in my case two pensions?
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

Governor wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:06 am I use the retirement monthly income method, does anybody know if they will accept bank statements printed from the banks website, they already have the original bank book and credit advices containing all the info, along with the letter from the bank itself?

Have people been asked to provide proof of the oveseas income, in my case two pensions?
Gov - last year (and I stress last year) I printed my own statements which the Bank endorsed. I did also submit to Immigration my pension statements, although they may not be technically required.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Guys, voluntarily producing documents not required by Immigration creates a potentially damaging precedent whereby they will start routinely demanding them. No harm I guess in taking what you want to Immigration just in case but please don't produce if not requested. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

sateeb wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:02 pm Guys, voluntarily producing documents not required by Immigration creates a potentially damaging precedent whereby they will start routinely demanding them. No harm I guess in taking what you want to Immigration just in case but please don't produce if not requested. :cheers:
Fair enough.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Meerkat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:57 pm
Governor wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:06 am I use the retirement monthly income method, does anybody know if they will accept bank statements printed from the banks website, they already have the original bank book and credit advices containing all the info, along with the letter from the bank itself?

Gov - last year (and I stress last year) I printed my own statements which the Bank endorsed. I did also submit to Immigration my pension statements, although they may not be technically required.
I was asked to produce my pension letters by Immigration both last year and this year. As always, it depends which clerk you see on the day, and whether they got lucky last night.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 pm
Meerkat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:57 pm

I was asked to produce my pension letters by Immigration both last year and this year. As always, it depends which clerk you see on the day, and whether they got lucky last night.
I renewed my visa extension based on retirement yesterday, a few days earlier than planned mainly due to the Bangkok Bank (Blu Port branch) being quicker than I expected to endorse my self-printed statements and provide credit advice docs (faxed from Silom Rd branch) and a letter confirming me as the account holder.

I did not offer my pension statements although I had them with me. I was fourth in the queue and was out of the door at 0930 with a nice smile from the university work-experience girl. All in all a smooth exercise, but there is always the uncertainty that the goal posts may have shifted.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I read at thailandtip.info that for the combined income/bank account method at Phuket immigration you must have at least 400 k Baht in the bank, even if your pension is 60 000 Baht/month. Is this the same in Hua Hin?
migrant
Addict
Addict

"O" visa extension

Post by migrant »

I'm going in to extend my O visa, been a year. Last couple years I used a service but this year I will do by myself.

Could someone give me a list?

I know I have to go to Kasikorn (my bank) on the morning that I go to immigration but what do I ask for? What forms do I need? I have moved since my last extension.

Thanks !!!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: "O" visa extension

Post by HHTel »

Regarding the bank, if you're qualification is having 800/400K in the bank. (2 months before and 4 months following the last extension) then just hand over you passbook and tell them you require a letter for immigration. They know to provide the letter and update your bank book with today's date. No explanation needed. If your basing it on income, it's more complicated. Look at BB's posts for that.

With regard to the rest, I tend to take everything, photos, marriage licence, passport as well as my bank book. In your case, probably a change of address form. Before going upstairs, take everything to the photocopy lady and she will copy everything necessary. She's very helpful.