UK Tax Return

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Re: UK Tax Return

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:43 pm The only thing I would disagree with, is that you can submit a soft copy using third party proprietary software - I’ve done this for the past 8 years without a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mistake, it is the HMRC online reporting that is unavailable to a Non-resident.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: UK Tax Return

Post by lindosfan1 »

BB as an ex civil servant with a taxed pension unless you have any untaxed income eg rent you will not have to complete a tax return.
If you have a taxed income eg pension, with untaxed income you will complete a tax return on the .gov site.
If you only have untaxed income then use one of the other sites. and you can be classed as non resident.
You cannot be non resident with taxed income with a taxed pension from the government
Private pension some can be paid untaxed but beware you may pay more tax in the country you are resident in.
The laws are complex and accountants are always trying to beat them, rarely do the accountants win.
For information I am ex revenue.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.