Scandinavian Open Sandwiches - A Bit of an Emergency

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
lomuamart

Scandinavian Open Sandwiches - A Bit of an Emergency

Post by lomuamart »

Each 24th December here, I've celebrated, food wise, with open sandwiches.

Earlier on today, I unfortunately found out that my normal establishment's kitchen is closed - for obvious reasons.

Can anyone suggest somewhere that I can get to tomorrow to order takeaway Smørrebrød for pickup on the 24th?

At the end of the day, it's not vital. I suppose many people around the world won't be getting the Xmas they want. But, some white bread with processed cheese from 7-11, smothered with well out-of-date Branston pickle just doesn't seem to fit the bill.

Any suggestions are welcome :bow:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Scandinavian Open Sandwiches - A Bit of an Emergency

Post by migrant »

I didn't see open sandwiches but Daddy's deli in Hin Lek Fai is a true deli with many cold cuts, cheeses and breads that they will slice to order. The regular sandwiches are very good. I've seen pickles, beetroot and other garnishes there too. The owner is, I believe, Swedish.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe somewhere like Lucky 13 Sandwich or Loetje Supreme 94 seem to do some interesting open sandwiches.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Try The Little Mermaid on Soi 94 (next to Sacura). They have a good supply of Danish open sandwiches.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK, thanks folks. I'll explore further.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Just to finish off, I took HarryVardon's advice and went to The Little Mermaid (thanks for the recommendation again).

I was very impressed with their professionalism, the choice of Smørrebrød they have and am really looking forward to the fare tomorrow.

Chok dii.