Old Timer Looking to Return

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
FreddyFrench
Novice
Novice

Old Timer Looking to Return

Post by FreddyFrench »

Hi All,

it has been 11 years since my last visit, having been at least once a year for the previous 6.
I guess there are a few new faces around and hopefully some survivors too.

Can anyone tell me if the old proprietress of the P&P bar on Poonsuk is still around ? Pxxx was her name. Previously she was manageress of the Jungle Juice owned by Richard ( who sold up and moved to Soi 80 ).
On my last visit she had sold P&P and re-opened a smaller bar doen the road on Poonsuk opposite the Temple.
She ran these together with her two sisters.

She always ran a good bar and was truly friendly & entertaining in her own right.

So, if anyone out there knows if she or her sisters are still around please let me know...

Don't know when the travel restrictions will ease up but am hoping to come once they do...

Thanks,
Freddy
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Old Timer Looking to Return

Post by HarryVardon »

There are very few bars left in the Bintabaht area. Most have gone bankrupt. It is now almost a ghost town as most expats choose other locations tom drink.
FreddyFrench
Novice
Novice

Post by FreddyFrench »

Thanks for the response Harry, I have seen videos of the central Hua Hin area that show quite a number of open bars.
Are you speaking from having been there recently ?
As the covid virus is indiscriminate, I am wondering how bars in the 'other locations' you mention have somehow survived.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Yes I have been there and it is extremely quiet, only a handful of bars are open. We have had no real problem with Covid so the bars frequented by farangs living here permanently have survived reasonably well. The Bintabaht area has always been a tourist area. Most Expats do not go there because of the prices and the noise.
FreddyFrench
Novice
Novice

Post by FreddyFrench »

I wasn't actually looking to be 'schooled' on Bintbaht...
I was asking if anyone out there knows if Pxxx is still running a bar anywhere.
She was always favoured by farang residents and frequent visitors so if she is still around I am sure there will be a number of residents who would be regularly drinking at her establishment.
Would be nice to know.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Freddy, firstly we aren't supposed to use names, so I've xxx it out.

OK, my wife is very friendly with the family, so I've asked if she's still around. My wife doesn't know the bar's name, but she runs a bar halfway down Binthabat (walking towards the Hilton), on the right.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20