TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by pharvey »

Have been watching "Bloodline" on Netflix - 3 Seasons running from 2015 - 2017, so should be available on the usual suspects.

I'd not come across this one previously, but must say have really enjoyed it so far - a few episodes into Season 2 now.

"Set in the Florida Keys, Bloodline centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home."

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

pharvey wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:06 pm Have been watching "Bloodline" on Netflix - 3 Seasons running from 2015 - 2017, so should be available on the usual suspects.

I'd not come across this one previously, but must say have really enjoyed it so far - a few episodes into Season 2 now.

"Set in the Florida Keys, Bloodline centers on a close-knit family of four adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home."

Haven't watched it (but will now!). Another similar on Netflix is "Animal Kingdom" about a family in southern California that is into stickups and robberies. The grandson comes to stay and gets drawn into the family business. Supposed to be patterned after a Australian show.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

migrant wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:53 pmAnother similar on Netflix is "Animal Kingdom" about a family in southern California that is into stickups and robberies. The grandson comes to stay and gets drawn into the family business. Supposed to be patterned after a Australian show.
Certainly sounds worth a watch with 8+/10 - 5 seasons and still going, so must have a good following!

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

pharvey wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:06 pm Have been watching "Bloodline" on Netflix - 3 Seasons running from 2015 - 2017, so should be available on the usual suspects.

If you enjoyed Bloodline them I'm sure you will enjoy "Damages", an earlier show from the same team that produced Bloodline. If I had to chose I would plump for Damages by a smidgen.

Going back even earlier I would recommend The Shield, The Wire, Southland and the prison drama Oz. All top class. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I don't remember ever seeing a recommendation for a radio programme, so I'll stick this in the TV slot.

I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue - Radio 4, BBC iPlayer (go to Sounds and Panel Games).

If you've never heard this programme, which has been going for donkey's years, you may be a total philistine. :laugh:
If you're not British and want an insight into British humour, listen in. :cheers:
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just watched the latest Grand Tour where Clarkson, Hammond, and May drive across Madagascar.

Highly entertaining: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12769332/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but...

The OA

I very rarely binge watch a series but I'm on the last episode of season 1 less than 24 hours after watching the first episode. Quite a slow burner in parts but it's one of those that the slow burn works perfectly for impact. Really good, I thought.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Has anybody been watching “The Serpent” on BBC? A true life story of a murder Charles Sobhraj back in the mid 70’s who did most of his killings in Thailand so lots of nostalgia from (mainly) Bangkok at a time prior to most of us visiting - well worth a look!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

It's on my watchlist, I didn't know it was already aired. Will be downloading if available. Thanks for the heads up.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote:It's on my watchlist, I didn't know it was already aired. Will be downloading if available. Thanks for the heads up.
There are 8 episodes and they’re all available to watch on the iPlayer or weekly on BBC1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 pm Has anybody been watching “The Serpent” on BBC? A true life story of a murder Charles Sobhraj back in the mid 70’s who did most of his killings in Thailand so lots of nostalgia from (mainly) Bangkok at a time prior to most of us visiting - well worth a look!!
Thanks for the heads up. Just watched the first episode and enjoying it so far.

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:31 pm Has anybody been watching “The Serpent” on BBC? A true life story of a murder Charles Sobhraj back in the mid 70’s who did most of his killings in Thailand so lots of nostalgia from (mainly) Bangkok at a time prior to most of us visiting - well worth a look!!

Same for me.

Partly filmed in Hua Hin until the last lockdown forced them to rethink location sets

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:55 pm
Lost wrote:

Same for me.

Partly filmed in Hua Hin until the last lockdown forced them to rethink location sets

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
I'm on episode 4 now. Tis good. 8)

buksida

Post by buksida »

Will give it a go, thanks. For those that don't have iPlayer you can download them all here: https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=209690&search=Search
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Inside No.9 BBC

A brilliant series of stand-alone dark humour/drama. If any of you can remember 'Tales of the Unexpected' and loved it, then you'll really like this. I think that they've just released series 5, but we're just working our way through series 2. Each episode is 30 minutes, so it's a nice filler.
Written by (and starring) Reece Sheersmith and Steve Pemberton. Watch out - you'll get hooked.
VS :wink:
Oh, and a Happy New Year to you all. x
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"