Bangkok ASQ timeline question

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Bangkok ASQ timeline question

Post by jumusman »

Hey all,

I have been looking at hotels in Bangkok to quarantine in when I arrive April 1st. I see everywhere that its a 14 day quarantine in the news but I have heard that's actually not true. I asked a hotel if I arrived on the 1st when would I be able to leave and I have pasted their response below. It doesn't make sense to me. the 16th of April would actually be 15 nights, why would they tell me I can leave on the 19th ? :| :| :| :| :|

"Thank you for your interest in our ASQ package. Please find our answer to your questions as below.

On your arrival date 01st April , 2021 to check-out on 19th April, 2021 for quarantine

Now embassy department to set quarantine time at 16 days 15 night (excluding the first day of check-in and check-out date)"
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Bangkok ASQ timeline question

Post by Dannie Boy »

jumusman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:26 pm Hey all,

I have been looking at hotels in Bangkok to quarantine in when I arrive April 1st. I see everywhere that its a 14 day quarantine in the news but I have heard that's actually not true. I asked a hotel if I arrived on the 1st when would I be able to leave and I have pasted their response below. It doesn't make sense to me. the 16th of April would actually be 15 nights, why would they tell me I can leave on the 19th ? :| :| :| :| :|

"Thank you for your interest in our ASQ package. Please find our answer to your questions as below.

On your arrival date 01st April , 2021 to check-out on 19th April, 2021 for quarantine

Now embassy department to set quarantine time at 16 days 15 night (excluding the first day of check-in and check-out date)"
I only know of one couple who have done this - they arrived on the afternoon of Thursday 4th Feb and were allowed to leave on the morning of Friday 19th which was 15 nights.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I did my quarantine in July, one of the first, and it was 15 days.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The government recently has been mulling the idea of different quarantine periods depending upon where you're coming from. e.g. 21 days coming from South Africa.

Arriving on the 1ST APRIL! Are you mad? Can't you make it the day before or the day after!!!!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Counting the day you arrive and the day you leave, makes it 15 nights/16 days. I did it in December. Slept 15 nights. Will do again in March, 15 nights! I guarantee you I would love to leave after 14 nights if possible. It is like being in a prison, though a luxurious one. But for me wasted 2 weeks of my life every time. Hope Corona will be gone soon!!!

YNWA

YNWA
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Thank for your response everyone. Hotel just emailed me back to say they made a mistake. If I arrive on the 1st of April then I can checkout April 16th.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936