TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by dtaai-maai »

I fancy another look at 24, but I can't find it on any of the usual sites. Does anyone know where I can download season 1 (for starters)?
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Vuze doesn't like that. I have a small file called 24 - Downloader.exe

EDIT: Hang on, I think I've cracked it...
Yes, got it now, thanks. Not used limetorrents before. :cheers:
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

You're welcome. Limewire is my option 2, I prefer Piratebay and hey presto here is 24 Season 1. Probably a shorter download time.

https://piratebay.party/torrent/1025156 ... H.x264-PSA
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Line of Duty series 6 starts 21 March :thumb: :dance: :clap:
The trouble is I'm so used to binge-watching that I don't think I'll be able to go back to weekly episodes...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56213662
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm I binge-watched The Outsider over a couple of days. Ten 1-hour episodes. A thriller/horror(-ish)/crime drama from a Stephen King book. Spooky and very watchable.
Really struggling with this one. We're 4 episodes in and very disappointed. I hope it livens up. Episode 2 sent my son to sleep, and we had to watch it again, and I thought I was going to suffer the same fate during episode 4, but the matchsticks on the eyes worked.

The 'Spooky' sold it for us, but not even a resemblance of a spine chill yet :cry:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:21 pm I binge-watched The Outsider over a couple of days. Ten 1-hour episodes. A thriller/horror(-ish)/crime drama from a Stephen King book. Spooky and very watchable.
Really struggling with this one. We're 4 episodes in and very disappointed. I hope it livens up. Episode 2 sent my son to sleep, and we had to watch it again, and I thought I was going to suffer the same fate during episode 4, but the matchsticks on the eyes worked.

The 'Spooky' sold it for us, but not even a resemblance of a spine chill yet :cry:
My son in UK has told me not to bother. He said it was too much like Fortitude

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am Line of Duty series 6 starts 21 March :thumb: :dance: :clap:
The trouble is I'm so used to binge-watching that I don't think I'll be able to go back to weekly episodes...

Have not seen any, but after seeing the adverts and comments for season 6 am tempted to start - all available on iPlayer, so suits me! :thumb:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:33 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am Line of Duty series 6 starts 21 March :thumb: :dance: :clap:

Have not seen any, but after seeing the adverts and comments for season 6 am tempted to start - all available on iPlayer, so suits me! :thumb:
I’ll be amazed if you don’t enjoy it!!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

A while ago I posted about a BBC Radio 4 programme called I'm Sorry I Don't Have A Clue. There's another very old favourite that's been going for about 60 years just starting its 86th series: Just A Minute, Sundays and Mondays at 12.30 and available on iPlayer Sounds.

(Probably not worth starting a radio programme thread these days!)
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 am
Big Boy wrote:

My son in UK has told me not to bother. He said it was too much like Fortitude

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
7 episodes in, and it's livened up. Can't wait for number 8 now.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:A while ago I posted about a BBC Radio 4 programme called I'm Sorry I Don't Have A Clue. There's another very old favourite that's been going for about 60 years just starting its 86th series: Just A Minute, Sundays and Mondays at 12.30 and available on iPlayer Sounds.

I’ve listened to this a number of times and it was often very entertaining, chaired by the very good Nicholas Parsons for 50 years until just before he died in January 2020 - more details here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_a_Minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

dtaai-maai wrote:A while ago I posted about a BBC Radio 4 programme called I'm Sorry I Don't Have A Clue. There's another very old favourite that's been going for about 60 years just starting its 86th series: Just A Minute, Sundays and Mondays at 12.30 and available on iPlayer Sounds.

They play Just A Minute on the BBC Radio 4 Comedy of the Week podcast. Image

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm watching 24 again. It's as ridiculous and as compulsive as it was first time round.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 am I'm watching 24 again. It's as ridiculous and as compulsive as it was first time round.
I watched many (upto Season 5 or 6) - but I think that was because I was away on site (or stuck in China) and couldn't download much. I would have been tempted to shoot the fecking daughter myself in Season 1, but I guess that would of ended things a tad too quickly.... Could have called it "2" I guess :roll:

New one on Netflix (I assume available elsewhere) which was binge watched... "Behind Her Eyes" - slow starting a little, but "spooky" towards the end. First season 6 episodes.. Have an "open mind"....

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.