Nakhon Pathom Getaway

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Nakhon Pathom Getaway

Post by PeteC »

https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/2093 ... nd-getaway

Many photos at link.

Just a one-hour drive from downtown Bangkok, the suburban areas in Nakhon Pathom have become a popular holiday getaway for cafe hoppers and families to enjoy a one-day trip with fun activities after disease control measures were eased.

Famous for floating markets, lush orchards, historical temples and beautifully decorated coffee houses, this small province has managed to maintain the charm of local life where both old and new ways of living co-exist peacefully. For your visit, Life recommends the following places where people of all ages can spend their weekend together...........

The town is also the home of: https://www.jesadatechnikmuseum.com/en/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Re: Nakhon Pathom Getaway

Post by Big Boy »

Interesting. I always see Nakhon Pathom as a 'travel through' place on the way to somewhere. I've never really considered stopping.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The Jesada Technik Museum looks worth a visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buksida

Post by buksida »

Likewise, always viewed it as a big grimy city to avoid, though that museum would definitely be worth a look!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:42 pm Likewise, always viewed it as a big grimy city to avoid, though that museum would definitely be worth a look!
For "a big grimy city," nothing in Thailand compares to Bangkok.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Used to take tourist to see Phrapathomjedi in Nakhon Pathom and they all liked that one. So you might want to combine that your museum trip.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I remember stopping off there on an organised trip (I think to a floating market) back in 1989. Can't say I was too impressed, but I don't think culture was my prime objective way back then :oops: . Seen many times since - its so big, its hard not to see it.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The story on that Wiki link is interesting. They really don't know who built the original version, or when. It goes way back before any records apparently.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

First saw the jedi many years ago. Was traveling by train from bkk to HH. The train stopped at Nakhon Pathom, where it was announced the stopover would be 1.5 hours. So went to look at the jedi and have a meal.

Took more than 6 hours for bkk - hh journey. Never took the train to hh again.