Has Hua Hin shrunk?

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Has Hua Hin shrunk?

Post by HHTel »

Basically, the government will pay the cost of half of purchase made at small businesses while the consumer pays the other half (50/50) up to 150 baht per day or 3,500 p.m. Of course, participants have to register.
The 7,000 baht is part of the Rao Chana scheme which is paid to registered individuals over 2 months (3,500 pm) to purchase goods from registered businesses. The money is not in cash form and can only be used for said purchases.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

So at the restaurant I mentioned for example, everybody in the party attending effectively gets a 150 baht credit. Is that correct.
How many other restaurants are offering this?
I have not seen many places as packed as this one.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That scheme has now ended I believe, but the latest scheme offers 100% discount.

When you wrote your original post, there weren't many places participating in the scheme. Participating establishments has since grown considerably.

I would guess they cashed in on the 50/50 scheme at its inception, and if they were doing something right, people have returned. I don't know. However, personally I have never really liked that kind of restaurant, especially with the current Covid threat.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

The restaurant was almost empty when I passed by last night.
Has the scheme finished, or is everybody just staying at home?

I have been told that a lot of Thais left HH for good over Songkran. They had stayed over the 2020/2021 season hoping that things might improve, but many have now gone back to the countryside where the cost of living is much cheaper than having to pay rent and tourist prices in HH.

It certainly feels a lot quieter than before.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

wenshidi wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 pm The restaurant was almost empty when I passed by last night.
Has the scheme finished, or is everybody just staying at home?

I have been told that a lot of Thais left HH for good over Songkran. They had stayed over the 2020/2021 season hoping that things might improve, but many have now gone back to the countryside where the cost of living is much cheaper than having to pay rent and tourist prices in HH.

It certainly feels a lot quieter than before.
Went shopping yesterday and there was hardly any traffic on Petchkasem Rd., I was the only person paying my water bill, MV was relatively quiet as was Villa. Took about an hour less to do the shopping. Not good for business but good for customers.