Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by PET »

HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:17 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm The fact is that currently, the EU and the US will only allow travelers who have been vaccinated with approved vaccines. Currently, neither of the Chinese vaccines have approval.
The EU regulator has said that they're about to assess the Chinese vaccines but expect it to take some time. Anyone vaccinated with Sinovac will be barred for the foreseeable.

On the other side of the coin, China bars anyone who is NOT vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm
That means, along with many others, I'm sure, that my wife cannot visit the UK to see her daughters, which she was planning to do.
So why does she not get the AZ vaccine which is comng off the Bangkok next month
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

PET wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:52 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:17 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm The fact is that currently, the EU and the US will only allow travelers who have been vaccinated with approved vaccines. Currently, neither of the Chinese vaccines have approval.
The EU regulator has said that they're about to assess the Chinese vaccines but expect it to take some time. Anyone vaccinated with Sinovac will be barred for the foreseeable.

On the other side of the coin, China bars anyone who is NOT vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm
That means, along with many others, I'm sure, that my wife cannot visit the UK to see her daughters, which she was planning to do.
So why does she not get the AZ vaccine which is expected to be coming off the Bangkok production line next month
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:00 pm At some point vaccinations will be advantageous entering the UK and other destinations. BUT the Sinovac vaccine currently is not approved or recognised so you will be treated as unvaccinated.
By the UK, EU, or both? I noticed in the original post above, that it talked of what the US and EU does, but not the UK.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Currently stated by the EU and it's my guess that the UK will do the same. The EU regulator has agreed to assess the Chinese vaccines but doesn't give a timeline and is expected to take some time.
Already, the European Union is planning to allow Americans vaccinated with shots approved by their drug agency to enter over the summer, European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen suggested in a New York Times interview Sunday.

This means that those who have shots by Chinese makers like Sinovac Biotech Ltd. and Sinopharm Group Co. Ltd. are likely to be barred from entry for the foreseeable future, with stark consequences for global business activity and the revival of international tourism.
I imagine that the reports coming out of China that their vaccines lose much of their protection after 6 months will weigh on the final decision.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You can bet your bottom dollar that there are going to be numerous twists and turns before any form of normality settles down - within the last couple of days, Germany and France have imposed quarantine restrictions on Brits traveling there, irrespective of whether they’ve been vaccinated or not due to the increased prevalence of the “Indian variant”
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

HHTel wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:17 pm That means, along with many others, I'm sure, that my wife cannot visit the UK to see her daughters, which she was planning to do.
The UK has no regulations yet for visitors related to vaccination status. Entry requirements are based purely on the country you're coming from (or in some cases, travelling through).

As it says on the UK government website:
You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... amber-list
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is this a genuine need, or just for the type of people who make their dogs wear shoes?

Thai company to import world's first pet vaccine

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... et-vaccine

Thoughts.............. If a serious requirement, 10K doses aren't going to go very far. Hua Hin's street dog population could use that with no effort whatsoever.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Foreigners urged to get Covid jabs
Thailand's mass vaccination programme for Covid-19 kicks off next month -- including the jabs for foreigners.

"All people living on Thai soil, Thais and foreign nationals alike, are requested to register for vaccination through designated channels, should they wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine," said deputy Foreign Ministry spokesman Natapanu Nopakun.

"This will allow the authorities to plan ahead accordingly and avoid crowded gatherings and long queues on the vaccination day," said Mr Natapanu, who also presents a press briefing in English for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) every day.

Foreign nationals are part of Thailand's efforts to achieve herd immunity in the country and are encouraged to get vaccinated. Authorities have assigned various agencies to be in charge of foreign nationals to ease the process of vaccine roll-out, he said.

"For instance, vaccinations for diplomats, members of international organisations and foreign media are coordinated by the Foreign Ministry. Foreign students are under the responsibility of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. Migrant workers from neighbouring countries are taken care of by the Social Security Office," he said.

"Spouses of Thai citizens, retirees, investors and all other foreign nationals are advised to contact the hospital with their health record or make an on-site registration at designated vaccination venues.

"Businesses and organisations can also liaise with the Ministry of Public Health to organise vaccination schedules for their employees, regardless of their nationalities," he said.

The governors of each province, as well as Bangkok Metropolitan Administration, have been tasked with organising the nationwide vaccination rollout, the spokesman said, adding foreigners are advised to check the details of vaccination venues issued by each province.

For example, hospitals have been designated in Bangkok, while Chiang Mai recently announced the launch of a website for foreign nationals in the province to register for their vaccines starting last Friday.

To meet the demands of the national vaccination drive, the government has procured jabs from Sinovac and AstraZeneca.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... covid-jabs

I'll be respectfully declining if they offer Sinovac - and I'm not holding my breath for the wait ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I registered at HHH this morning and have been given an appointment for the 8th July - they said it would be the Astra Zeneca vaccine
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well, after 2 unsuccessful visits to Bluport due to my own ignorance or miscommunication, whatever, I decided to give it a miss.
My wife had to pick up some medication from HHH3 today so I went with her.
1. You can park just a few paces from the door.
2. I was the only one there so no queue or waiting.
3. I walked in at exactly 9:30 and I was back in the car FIVE minutes later with my appointment slip for 11 am on the 9th July.

I don't like leaving my bubble to go into shopping centres so I was reluctant to return.

Perfect!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:05 am Well, after 2 unsuccessful visits to Bluport due to my own ignorance or miscommunication, whatever, I decided to give it a miss.
3. I walked in at exactly 9:30 and I was back in the car FIVE minutes later with my appointment slip for 11 am on the 9th July.

I don't like leaving my bubble to go into shopping centres so I was reluctant to return.

Perfect!
Attachments
received_5500535100021495.jpeg
received_5500535100021495.jpeg (37.87 KiB) Viewed 253 times
dragonseeker
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dragonseeker »

"I registered at HHH this morning and have been given an appointment for the 8th July - they said it would be the Astra Zeneca vaccine"

I see in Australia there is a 12 week delay between first and second Astra Veneca shots. Dannie Boy, do you have a date for the second shot? I have a flight booked for Aug 4.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:05 am Well, after 2 unsuccessful visits to Bluport due to my own ignorance or miscommunication, whatever, I decided to give it a miss.

Perfect!
Good news HHT, on hearing your good news I'm gonna try HHH 5 tomorrow as it's a bit closer, failing that HH3 it is! :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I should have asked about HHH5 although I think I read/heard that you can register at all HHH sites.

HHH3 is no more than 5 mins away from me. I can't understand why I was bothering with Bluport in the first place. Probably being influenced by posters on here.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

On't Tinternet it's classed as a Cannabis clinic so it might end up as a double whammy. I'll wear my Bob Marley hat :rasta: :laugh: :naughty:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.