aka resort

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
don salieri
Novice
Novice

aka resort

Post by don salieri »

hi everone, :)
just wonder to know if one of you have trying the fine dining french restaurant (coustiero) in aka resort ?
wnat to bring my wife for a special dinner and she like french food..or any recomandations.
thank s
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Dont know about the restaurant in aka, but here are a few to try,

Brasseire de Paris, Naeb Taly (part of the Puthtasca resort).
Corner 84.

Enjoy
don salieri
Novice
Novice

Post by don salieri »

thank you anyway ....
i think i will try and let you know !!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I'd certainly go along with The Brasserie de Paris, although it's been a few years since I've eaten there.
As always, listen to what is suggested "off the menu" or plates du jour. It's a great setting.
BTW. JW, what would an average dinner cost at Putcharacha, assuming two covers, two starters, two main dishes and four small beers?
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

loumounonunuonu

Putaharacsa's F & B prices are only a little over what you would pay in most of the restaurants in town the beer prices are almost the same as most of the bars
don salieri
Novice
Novice

The food was EXCELLENT!

Post by don salieri »

hy guys,
My friends and I had a lovely stay at this small luxurious hotel.
we were surprised by the high standard of service during the diner
If you are searching for top class french cuisine in Hua Hin go there.
Many people may not realized it, but AKA has its own french pastry chef!!! An seperate french chef that all he does is to make pastry, ice cream, cakes, cookies,and all other amazing sweet stuff that make you fat but very very happy!
The BEST part about the resort is the french restaurant. I personally care a lot about food and have been to many of the top restaurants in many cities, ie paris, new york, sf, hk, tokyo... And this one has to be amongst the top. I would say it's definitely worth the trip up the mountains even if you are not staying at the resort. I have to thank the chef again for such a perfect dining experience.
I definitely would go back again.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Jesus, I hope the food is cheaper than the rooms ... 10 grand a night in low season and the place is in the middle of nowhere :shock:

http://r24.org/huahinafterdark.com/huahin/akahuahin/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Lomu,

I reckon a couple of thousand would get a nice meal for 2.

Thanks for the post Don, will give AKA a try for sure. :cheers: