TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by Dannie Boy »

Topspin wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:14 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am Wathed the first 2 episodes of Clarkson's farm tonight on amazon, very good a lot of entertaining one liners, one example "I bought 78 sheep but I broke 3. It also gives a good insight into farming. Reccommended.
They should have called it Top Gear On A Tractor :duck:

Too contrived, gave up after 15 minutes.
It’s obviously not for everyone’s taste and I accept the point about a number of aspects of it being contrived, but there are also a lot of funny moments, a number of factual moments and issues that show how much the farming fraternity contribute to everyday life, as well as really bringing home the point about how difficult it is becoming for “ordinary farmers” to scratch a living.

I’d still recommend it as worth watching.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Vital Spark wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:08 am You really need to watch all three, DB. There's one particular extremely moving scene when an offender has a meeting with the parents of the guy he murdered. I can only guess that this particular situation happens more than we would like it to.
I haven’t given up VS, just put it on pause as I was too busy watching Clarkson’s Farm!! :naughty:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I watched the first episode (out of three) last night called “In Plain Sight” available on the ITV Hub. It’s set in Scotland and is based on a true story that occurred in the 1950’s and 60’s about a series of murders -recommended!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Kevin Can Fcuk Himself

I nearly switched this off after a couple of minutes thinking that it was a regular crappy US Sitcom but its far from it. Deliciously dark comedy/drama starring the fit sister from Schitts Creek. 2 eps in 5*.

You know what to do for downloading. :cheers:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

I haven’t given up VS, just put it on pause as I was too busy watching Clarkson’s Farm!! :naughty:

Clarkson's Farm is absolutely wonderful. Watched all episodes and now eagerly awaiting season two. Yes, some of the incidents maybe a bit contrived, but I don't care. It's entertaining and informative.

VS :wink:
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Talking of enjoyable TV, I’ve recently watch a three-episode mini series called “He Kills Coppers” also on Amazon Prime. Worth a watch IMO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:35 am Talking of enjoyable TV, I’ve recently watch a three-episode mini series called “He Kills Coppers” also on Amazon Prime. Worth a watch IMO!!

The only title He Kills Coppers I can find is a 2008 movie featuring Rafe Spall. I assume this is the one and Amazon have cut it into a 3 part mini series?

Three policemen are brutally murdered during the 1966 World Cup celebrations. "He Kills Coppers" follows three men connected to the deaths; Frank (a fellow policeman), Tony (an ambitious journalist, and witness to the murders), and Billy (the murderer)...IMDB

Edit..and zero hits on all my fav dl sites :(
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:35 am Talking of enjoyable TV, I’ve recently watch a three-episode mini series called “He Kills Coppers” also on Amazon Prime. Worth a watch IMO!!

The only title He Kills Coppers I can find is a 2008 movie featuring Rafe Spall. I assume this is the one and Amazon have cut it into a 3 part mini series?

Three policemen are brutally murdered during the 1966 World Cup celebrations. "He Kills Coppers" follows three men connected to the deaths; Frank (a fellow policeman), Tony (an ambitious journalist, and witness to the murders), and Billy (the murderer)...IMDB

Edit..and zero hits on all my fav dl sites :(
I’m sure you’re correct about it being a film that Amazon have put into three roughly 45 minutes episodes - the content is exactly as you’ve described

Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

This looks interesting, anyone seen it yet?

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Thailightzone wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:01 pm This looks interesting, anyone seen it yet?
I watched a couple of their "Grand Tour" episodes on Amazon, but haven't bothered with anything since - might just have a look at this purely for the scenery!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Post by buksida »

They changed the format to do occasional specials instead of another series. This one looks like it could be a hoot.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:27 pm
lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am Wathed the first 2 episodes of Clarkson's farm tonight on amazon, very good a lot of entertaining one liners, one example "I bought 78 sheep but I broke 3. It also gives a good insight into farming. Reccommended.
I’m up to episode 5 and really quite enjoying it - I can’t say I’m a huge fan of Jeremy Clarkson and his laddish antics, but in this he’s fairly watchable and the programme covers a number of ethical issues in a humorous but also semi-serious way - recommend!!
Just started on this yesterday and am enjoying it so far. Yes, there is a bit of the usual laddish behaviour as expected from Clarkson, but a lot of real insight into farming too and some great scenery making me miss the motherland (since I certainly won't be getting back there this year).
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Manifest

Has anyone watched this? I'm just about to give it a try.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:52 am Manifest

Has anyone watched this? I'm just about to give it a try.
Have literally just seen an advert/for it and have downloaded - 3 Seasons already :roll: Looks good and I'm certainly going to give it a watch. Unfortunately, I have the "cheap" version of SKY Channels, so can only view in "real time" i.e. can't watch as a boxset/on demand (hence the download).

Been around for a while obviously (Season 3), but hadn't heard of it previously - sounds good though.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:35 am Unfortunately, I have the "cheap" version of SKY Channels, so can only view in "real time" i.e. can't watch as a boxset/on demand (hence the download).
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I downloaded all of season 1 (I think from Pirate Bay), no problem.
This is the way