Honda Car Service

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Honda Car Service

Post by sateeb »

Hi all. My Honda is coming up for it's first service. Is it possible to book a time or is it a roll up first come first service?

Thanks in advance fellow Hondaeers :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Honda Car Service

Post by hhinner »

Hua Hin Honda, I usually make an appointment. Just rolling up would probably mean a wasted journey.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Many thanks.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Robert williams »

I can not answer for your Honda service but my experience at Prachuap Kirikhan might serve as a warning. All of the boxes on the service sheet were marked indicating work done. Some three weeks later I used the windscreen wipers. The rubber shredded. In addition to the normal service I had requested that the car be sprayed with anti-rust . A quick check showed that parts of the front of the car around and behind the protective flaps had not been done.
Returning to Honda a smiling and pleasant lady in formed me that windscreen wiper rubber can disintegrate in three weeks.
After talking with the mechanics she came back still smiling and informed me that the mechanics had not realized that I wanted that area sprayed but they would do it at no extra charge. She added that it was only a small area. It was not.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Some garages have a viewing area where you can watch the work being done - by the sound of it, that might be a good investment of an hour or two!!

As for getting a car serviced, I wouldn’t consider turning up without having booked it in first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've no personal experience of Honda, but have read quite a few posts about them on here. I must say, that is the first adverse report I can remember reading about them. They have always come across as the premiere car dealership.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I've been using HH Honda since I bought my car there in 2012. Only problem has been being unable to book a convenient appointment in busy periods. Whether a service or a minor problem the car always gets cleaned as well.

They always explain what will be done when you check in and then explain again when collecting.