Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Lost »

Emerson Royal has signed for Tottenham from Barcelona. Looks like another really good signing that. Good window.

Should mean the end of Mr. 'Jekyll and Hyde' Aurier's playing time at Spurs, too.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure pharvey (amongst others) will be pleased to hear that Ronaldo has taken a £6m a year pay cut to join Utd and will “only” be on £385k a week!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:58 am I’m sure pharvey (amongst others) will be pleased to hear that Ronaldo has taken a £6m a year pay cut to join Utd and will “only” be on £385k a week!!
Yep, OK I no doubt mouth off a little too much, but let's be fair..... It is somewhat fecking ridiculous. Mind you, some will mention that that figure is an exaggeration and his true salary is near to "only" 250K a week or should we just say 12 Million a year!! :roll: :banghead:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Sky Sports nailing it again. You'd have thought with all their incessant black lives matter propaganda they'd at least get the correct black football players on screen when discussing them. Or do they all look the same to 'em? :wink:

Anyway, now confirmed that Aurier has left spurs. Unfortunately we didn't manage to get any of the 20 odd million we paid for him back but we got 4 years of inconsistent service at least.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thought this was more relevant for this thread rather than TV series... Anyway I've just stumbled across The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 (available on ITV Hub). There are several series, but I'm watching extended highlights from QPR-Burnley in 1975 (when both were good sides). It's amazing! Great names from my teens (Gerry Francis, Stan Bowles, Phil Parkes, Leighton James, amongst others) and some really good football. Also interesting to watch players being hacked down and getting straight up without a fuss (well, except for Stan Bowles occasionally :laugh: ).

If a player is injured the game continues until the ball goes out of play, then the player gets hauled off the pitch for treatment and the game resumes.

Well worth a look if you get the chance.
This is the way
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:01 am Thought this was more relevant for this thread rather than TV series... Anyway I've just stumbled across The Big Match Revisited on ITV4 (available on ITV Hub). There are several series, but I'm watching extended highlights from QPR-Burnley in 1975 (when both were good sides). It's amazing! Great names from my teens (Gerry Francis, Stan Bowles, Phil Parkes, Leighton James, amongst others) and some really good football. Also interesting to watch players being hacked down and getting straight up without a fuss (well, except for Stan Bowles occasionally :laugh: ).

If a player is injured the game continues until the ball goes out of play, then the player gets hauled off the pitch for treatment and the game resumes.

Well worth a look if you get the chance.

I did comment on this programme a short while back, muddy pitches, slow play and back-passing to the GK. Man U and Chelsea meeting in Division 2, Carlisle in the First Division.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Tottenham having an absolute shocker. Being completely outplayed by Palace. Not a single shot at goal in the first half. With four or five players out our bench looks a bit thin too. Surely Ndombele might get a chance. Can't do any worse than our current midfield!

Total crap.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Ronaldo in the starting lineup for United. Dislike United but looking forward to watching him back in the league.

Spurs still rubbish. :wink:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

And they got their *rses kicked loosing 3-0 with Spurs never looking like scoring - having a player sent off (unfairly I thought) didn’t help much either!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Yup, absolute rubbish. We were missing all our centre-halfs (and the stand in managed to get himself sent off), Sonnie, Lo Celso, Bergwijn...

But even then, we should be doing better. Really surprised there were no changes at half time. Ndombele and Gil could have at least brought some creativity in the middle. Piss poor performance but, on the strength of our two prior games, it was a result that was coming.

Anywho, bit of a damper on a great day of sport but looking forward to seeing Ronaldo up next. Then we have Chelsea Villa before watching Emma in the final!

Could think of worse ways to spend a day. :D

:cheers:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Screenshot_20210911_154842.jpg
Screenshot_20210911_154842.jpg (111.44 KiB) Viewed 270 times

What a thrilling afternoon of football so far! Oh, Ronaldo has just poked one in.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:50 pm Screenshot_20210911_154842.jpg

What a thrilling afternoon of football so far! Oh, Ronaldo has just poked one in.
And then another, before Utd end up with a 4-1 win and go top of the table - not a bad start for the 36 year old!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:09 pm
Lost wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:50 pm Screenshot_20210911_154842.jpg

And then another, before Utd end up with a 4-1 win and go top of the table - not a bad start for the 36 year old!!
The man is a beast. Superhuman. Wouldn't surprise me if he's still knocking them in at 40 at the highest level. Sancho still not showing any signs of justifying his price tag yet. But, I'd be very happy if I was a United fan right now. Thought they'd be first or second this year (did I put that in my league table prediction?) but I think the arrival of Ronaldo, and his insane appetite for success, may just give them an edge.

Anywho, football is small fry to the big event coming up. Buckle your seat belts ladies and gentlemen (and other :wink:). Players on the court soon. Come on Emma!!!

:cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Palace 3- Spurs 0 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

WTF is it with the sprinklers on at Leeds......?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.