Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Big Boy

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Big Boy »

So Prachuap Khiri Khan are administering in excess of 10,000 doses a day at the moment - that's a lot of sore arms. No wonder it is so busy at the moment.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

241468224_4694307180588177_9096459513899944451_n.png
(346.06 KiB) Downloaded 616 times

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (Sept. 15, 2021)
About 20.03% of the population is fully vaccinated. 27,769,095 (+228,352) people have received the first dose, while 13,260,456 (+464,749) have been fully inoculated.
At this rate, Thailand needs to administer 506,966 doses per day within 108 days to reach the herd immunity target by the year's end.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote:If you read further up the thread, you will see that I went with Mrs BB early yesterday, and it took longer getting through the arriving hordes on my way home than it did going through the vaccine process. Poor hhinner and his wife arrived 3 hours later, and wrote after 3 hours of waiting.

HHH is really ramping up the vax process at the moment, and numbers attending are huge. My recommendation would be to get there early, not late.
Plus if you get there late, you run the risk that they might have exhausted the vaccine supply for that day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think i may have got lucky with the day today..... it was like a morgue up there this afternoon!

I got the lift up at 14.10 (40 mins before my plan) and I went straight to the 10th floor,(I figured I had an appointment so might as well try my luck). Lift stopped at 9 for another guy in lift but I could see 9 was dead quiet. And the guy who went to 9 was sent straight up to 10 anyway

Did the various desks on 10, then 2 young superstar girls spent almost 15 minutes sorting out my Mor Prom Vax App(for Cert), which they volunteered to do as I guess they were so quiet. They were doing it all, not me, so God knows I would've been going stir crazy. One issue was that the phone number associated with my Line is not what my current phone number is. Plus maybe HHH also had my old number in system I think. She called someone and sorted it. Showed me my first jab on the app, told me to wait 2 days for system to update after jab 2. (Update: about 30 mins after jab I checked and I've got my vax Cert! Saved in a pic of it in a Google Photos Album too).

Went through for jab, cheekily asked if I could switch from AZ to Pfizer, Head nurse said no, not govt policy etc, no worries, worth a 'shot'! Was then jabbed immediately, Astra, "sit down please Mister..... Bosch!

Apart from about 50 soldiers, there were about 20 people being jabbed in total

In and out of the building in 45/50 mins incl 20 mins observation and 15 mins Mor Prom app issues. I'd estimate there were only 10% of the people there today versus 23 Aug and I only got there 1 hour later today than the first time, when it was absolute bedlam! Can't believe it was all down to that 1 hour later arrival time. I'm sure it was just a quieter day.

Just waiting for the side effects to kick in now...

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by HHTel »

I notice that the vaccination stats published in the Thai Enquirer shows a stat for 4th dose!

205 yesterday for a total of 708.

What's that all about?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Isn't it for people vaccinated with crap e.g. Sinopharm, Sinovac and AZ, needing proper vaccination to be able to travel? I'm sure I read somewhere else it was necessary for some going overseas for education.

Points 48; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:23 pm Isn't it for people vaccinated with crap e.g. Sinopharm, Sinovac and AZ, needing proper vaccination to be able to travel? I'm sure I read somewhere else it was necessary for some going overseas for education.
Interesting, so what vaccine are they giving that is accepted in Europe,UK and USA?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

sateeb wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 pm
Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:23 pm Isn't it for people vaccinated with crap e.g. Sinopharm, Sinovac and AZ, needing proper vaccination to be able to travel? I'm sure I read somewhere else it was necessary for some going overseas for education.
Interesting, so what vaccine are they giving that is accepted in Europe,UK and USA?
I can only speak for the UK, where currently no vaccines administered in Thailand are recognised there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

sateeb wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 pm Interesting, so what vaccine are they giving that is accepted in Europe,UK and USA?
I can't remember 100% because it was some time ago that I read the story, but I'm fairly sure it is only Pfizer that is acceptable at the moment.

Regarding Europe, I was looking at their requirements a few weeks ago, and some countries will accept, but Germany and UK were a definite no. These things change regularly, so you really need to check just before you travel.

Points 48; Position 21
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Thanks guys. 10 months and counting. :thumb: :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:Isn't it for people vaccinated with crap e.g. Sinopharm, Sinovac and AZ, needing proper vaccination to be able to travel? I'm sure I read somewhere else it was necessary for some going overseas for education.
If Sinovac was "crap" why would the Big Boss of Bkk Hospital HH(Dr Pongsak, very nice man, educated in England at some very posh school) have 2 shots of it himself (+Astra) when a man in his position could easily have got Pfizer?

And why would he tell me that it's a "perfectly good vaccine" and to ignore the sentiment about it, even when he's not giving it to me, so is not fettered in any way?

Is this factual reporting and not just loose speculation that you were reminding us of last week?

Just saying

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:12 pm If Sinovac was "crap" why would the Big Boss of Bkk Hospital HH(Dr Pongsak, very nice man, educated in England at some very posh school) have 2 shots of it himself (+Astra) when a man in his position could easily have got Pfizer?

And why would he tell me that it's a "perfectly good vaccine" and to ignore the sentiment about it, even when he's not giving it to me, so is not fettered in any way?
Don't ask me, ask the countries that won't accept Sinovac. [Edit] It is a well known fact that many countries will not accept Sinovac, Sinopharm and AZ, so I'm not sure where your gripe is coming from.

Personally, I had Sinovac, and it seems fine for what I need, but it is totally inadequate for many.

Maybe you should be asking Dr Pongsak why he and his staff are now having AZ/Pfizer boosters to cover the inadequacies of Sinovac. Did you not ask for Pfizer because you thought it was better than AZ?

Points 48; Position 21
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

sateeb wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:33 pm
Latest information for travelling to France
Thailand, according to the classification of countries on the basis of health indicators, has been maintained in the list of “orange” countries: active circulation of the virus in controlled proportions, without dissemination of worrying variants.
A fully vaccinated traveler is not subject to any restriction to enter French territory.  Only travelers who can prove a complete vaccination schedule with a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency will be subject to this measure.

What vaccines are recognized by France and what conditions must be respected?
The vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) are Comirnaty (Pfizer & BioNTech), Spikevax (Moderna), COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen and Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) as well as their equivalents *;  in particular the Covid-19 vaccine Astra-Zeneca produced in Thailand.
Proof of vaccination, to be presented at the time of embarkation and at border controls, is only valid on the condition that it allows proof of the completion of a complete vaccination schedule, namely:
 • 7 days after the 2nd injection for double injection vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca);
 • 28 days after injection for vaccines with a single injection (Johnson & Johnson);
 • 7 days after the injection for vaccines in people with a history of Covid-19 (only 1 injection needed).
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Non-UK residents from red list countries are currently refused entry to the UK.
British residents arriving home from red list destinations must undergo a 10-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.
Before arriving in the UK, these travelers must purchase what the UK government calls a "quarantine package," covering the stay in hotel quarantine and food and drink while there.
Bookings must be made through this online portal. The charge for a single adult occupying one room for 10 days is now £2,285. Anyone dodging quarantine risks fines of up to £10,000.

If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.

Currently, only people who received their jabs in the UK can avoid quarantine when arriving from amber list countries, except France.
Currently, Thailand is on the RED list.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:59 pm
Non-UK residents from red list countries are currently refused entry to the UK.
British residents arriving home from red list destinations must undergo a 10-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.
Before arriving in the UK, these travelers must purchase what the UK government calls a "quarantine package," covering the stay in hotel quarantine and food and drink while there.
Bookings must be made through this online portal. The charge for a single adult occupying one room for 10 days is now £2,285. Anyone dodging quarantine risks fines of up to £10,000.

If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.

Currently, only people who received their jabs in the UK can avoid quarantine when arriving from amber list countries, except France.
Currently, Thailand is on the RED list.
Don't hold me to this but don't different countries have their own list classification ?

― George Carlin