Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:26 am My comments directly addressed you calling Sinovac "crap".
I called Sinovac crap in relation to the question, which was related to travel. Yes, if you want to travel it is hopeless.

This is not my personal view, it is the opinion of many Governments around the world, and the Thai Government does not disagree because they are complying with the wishes of these other Governments, and re-vaccinating those who need to travel for education. For travel purposes, there are many descriptive I could have used that would have meant 'crap' - apologies if the nasty word offended anybody.

I was one of the first people on this forum to accept Sinovac. I didn't accept it because it was crap. I accepted it because I understood it would probably do what I needed it to do, and combined with an AZ jab would hopefully provide the required efficacy to keep me safe. I accepted it because I have no immediate plans to travel outside of Thailand.

It is a fact that double Sinovac loses it's efficacy very quickly, so isn't really fit for purpose. This is why front line workers are having to have boosters of other vaccines, and in Thailand, Sinovac is now a definite no for hospital personnel. Of course the doctors have say Sinovac is fine, but it is so good they and their teams have to totally avoid it. Ask yourself why?

I don't claim to know any of the clever stuff (I doubt whether any of us can), but am commenting based upon what Governments and their experts are telling us e.g. if it's so good, why are much needed vaccines being used to give essential booster shots when the country is trying to vaccinate the rest of the population?

It is clear to me that you have taken my answer to HHTel's question totally out context, and have decided to attack me, rather than the question. I have no idea what Israel or Pfizer has to do with HHTel's question, but you are attempting to bring in other factors, which are not relevant to Sinovac's restrictions on travel, and I refuse to be drawn. Of course, you are in the vaccines thread, so you are perfectly entitled to debate them with anybody that wants to play.
"I called Sinovac crap in relation to the question, which was related to travel."

No, you were alleging it was crap regardless of travel actually. That's perfectly clear from your responses below

Plus you then go on to go to say its not fit for purpose in your last post

Re SV losing it's efficacy quickly.... so does Pfizer(Google UK study published in The Independent) so are you being equitable? Is Pfizer crap too then?

Im not attacking 'you' (I don't know you) I was attacking you calling Sinovac crap when you've no proper grounds to ALLIED TO telling us to stick to the facts!

Has there been a scientific study done that concluded SV is " not fit for purpose" as you state and recommends to WHO to remove it? If not, who are you to say its not fit for purpose?

Re ask myself why? Because the other vaccines are thought to be 'better' (nb at this point) Eg if Pfizer is better than SV, that doesn't mean SV is "crap". Why cant it be just not quite as good?

Re Israel, that was in direct response to your point about 4 doses. When I present you with 'evidence' that that doesn't prove SV crap, you suddenly claim I'm ''trying to bring in other factors " that are not relevant.
Hahaha, what utter BS! They were perfectly relevant to the point you raised.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I just spent half an hour just looking around the net pairing sinovac with the word crap.

I found many references that called the vaccine crap or crapovac amongst others. It's stated as 'crap' in several English language stories around the world.

It's quite outrageous to home on one use of the word on this forum.

There are others.

Incidentally, Singapore decided to omit sinovac shots from their official vaccination figures!
Singapore omits Sinovac shots from COVID-19 vaccination tally

People who received Sinovac Biotech (SVA.O) shots are excluded from Singapore's count of total vaccinations against COVID-19, officials in the city state said, citing inadequate efficacy data for the Chinese-made vaccine, especially against the contagious Delta variant.
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-07-07/

Can we all agree that Sinovac has had mixed reviews across the globe.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Malaysia to Phase Out China’s Sinovac Vaccine
https://thediplomat.com/2021/07/malaysi ... c-vaccine/

Even North Korea doesn't want it ...
https://www.ibtimes.com/north-korea-rej ... hy-3286319

Yet Thailand orders more ... I wonder why. :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am I WISH I'D NEVER ASKED!!
:agree: :laugh: :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

thecolonel, I won't even bother reading your reply. You clearly have an agenda.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Big Boy wrote:thecolonel, I won't even bother reading your reply. You clearly have an agenda.
You already stated that in your last post so why are you repeating yourself?

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:I just spent half an hour just looking around the net pairing sinovac with the word crap.

I found many references that called the vaccine crap or crapovac amongst others. It's stated as 'crap' in several English language stories around the world.

It's quite outrageous to home on one use of the word on this forum.

There are others.

Incidentally, Singapore decided to omit sinovac shots from their official vaccination figures!
Singapore omits Sinovac shots from COVID-19 vaccination tally

People who received Sinovac Biotech (SVA.O) shots are excluded from Singapore's count of total vaccinations against COVID-19, officials in the city state said, citing inadequate efficacy data for the Chinese-made vaccine, especially against the contagious Delta variant.
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-07-07/

Can we all agree that Sinovac has had mixed reviews across the globe.
For sure we can.

But should we calling it crap on here? No, in my opinion, as stated earlier, and especially 'certain special forum members' if I can put it like that(to be addressed separately in proper manner. And especially when we are reminded to stick to the facts.

It is still widely used in many countries

Did you Google 'is Sinovac a good vaccine' perchance?

As for N Korea they probably rejected it because its a good vaccine! They will now search for the cheapest/ worst vaccine, or more likely pretend to search for one but not actually buy any. They don't even give the people food!

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Arguing about the word 'crap' is not helping anyone - THIS ENDS NOW.

This thread is supposed to be for members to share news, information, and updates regarding getting vaccinated locally. Please let's get back to that. Any further bickering or even questioning this request will be deleted.

May we also take the opportunity to remind members to have a re-read of this: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40152
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Went for 2nd AZ jab at HHH. In and out in just 3.5 hours (10.45 - 3.15). . The first jab I didn't feel a thing, but this time it was like I felt every millimeter the needle went in. Down to the skill of the person doing it I suppose.
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

I'm quit sure Sinovac/Sinopharm covid certificate soon will be accepted in many European countries and know its on the agenda in some countries already. :) hahuahin

Member States have the option to also accept vaccination certificates issued in relation to vaccines that have been authorized at national level or by the World Health Organization (WHO).

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... DA_21_2781
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

hhinner wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:06 pm Went for 2nd AZ jab at HHH. In and out in just 3.5 hours.
:lach:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hahuahin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:39 pm I'm quit sure Sinovac/Sinopharm covid certificate soon will be accepted in many European countries and know its on the agenda in some countries already. :) hahuahin

Member States have the option to also accept vaccination certificates issued in relation to vaccines that have been authorized at national level or by the World Health Organization (WHO).

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/pressco ... DA_21_2781
That's interesting. I know China now accepts US produced vaccines, although there are still many entry restrictions even with those. I wasn't aware any change had been made to China accepting AZ. I think until that happens, a tit for tat situation will apply.

Happy to be corrected.
Talk is cheap
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

I went to HHH for my 2nd jab of Pfizer yesterday morning. Then I went to the lobby and paid 50฿ for my vaccination book. They took down my telephone number and told me that they would call me in about three weeks, when it was ready to be picked up. I had no side effects with the first jab, other than a mildly sore arm around the infection site the following morning. With this one, same thing. It was mildly sore around evening time, but no other problems. The following day, around mid-afternoon, I got a very achy feeling in my back, like I had the onset of the flu. I went home and took a couple paracetamol. It’s almost 9pm and it’s still a bit achy, but not as bad as before. No other symptoms.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

This isn't Thai-related, but it's obviously about vaccines. Anyway, my daughter is a carer, so she's constantly in and out of the homes of vulnerable people. Obviously she was vaccinated early on, but she developed a really sore throat a couple of days ago and has just been tested positive for Covid. She now has a high temperature as well. She's not feeling great, obviously, but she's at home and coping.

Nothing particularly astonishing about that; we all know the vaccine doesn't guarantee immunity, and as she says herself, "at least I'm at home and not in hospital on a ventilator". What struck me as bizarre, though, is that her 3 kids, ranging from 16 to 5, are carrying on as normal. Apparently, under-18s don't have to self-isolate.
This is the way
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

^^ or rather they are being "allowed" to carry on as normal even though there is an adult in their home who is positive for the virus and they therefore should be isolating from others?

I've been saying for some time that there is an excellent chance that children are little Covid bombs: they mostly show no signs of illness and are rarely tested but go on about their business as if they can't spread the virus.

I hope your daughter gets her illness behind her soon.