Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Teabone

Re: Immigration to introduce 90 day reporting online

Post by Teabone »

lomuamart wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:21 pm If I remember correctly, the reporting window is 15 days before or 7 days after the date. Online applications will have their own rules.

I did mine yesterday. Got to Imm around 9am and was out within 10 minutes.
Thanks for your advice - I think the 7 days after the due date is only valid for people physically visiting the imm office, my understanding is that for online reporting (if you can do it!) it has to be done by the actual due date ... but I could be wrong ;-)
Your a long time dead!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Don't know the answer to that except to say that I think that a longer lead time is required for online stuff. Ie, maybe you need to work ahead. Others may be able to advise you better.

Personally, I was very happy to get in the car, get away from the wife, bother a lot of people on roads and turn up at Imm ready for some long queues and general grief just for 90 days.

I was disappointed. In and out within 10 minutes.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I often help expats locally do their 90-day reports online down here in the boonies where it is an hour drive to the nearest immigration office. From experience, I'd say there is a 50:50 chance of it working, seems to be a roll of the dice with no pattern or logic to it regardless of passport nationality or timing.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Teabone

Post by Teabone »

lomuamart wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:23 pm Don't know the answer to that except to say that I think that a longer lead time is required for online stuff. Ie, maybe you need to work ahead. Others may be able to advise you better.

Personally, I was very happy to get in the car, get away from the wife, bother a lot of people on roads and turn up at Imm ready for some long queues and general grief just for 90 days.

:-) ... Sorry to hear of your disappointment :-) Personally, I have always thought that all immigration offices should provide a poolside bar with a free taxi service - somewhere so we can all chuck it back and have a good time while fulfilling our residential obligations. Maybe next year! ;-)
Your a long time dead!
Teabone

Post by Teabone »

buksida wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:56 am I often help expats locally do their 90-day reports online down here in the boonies where it is an hour drive to the nearest immigration office. From experience, I'd say there is a 50:50 chance of it working, seems to be a roll of the dice with no pattern or logic to it regardless of passport nationality or timing.
50:50 sounds about right from my experience with the 90 day online service ... I am sure your help is greatly welcomed by all. :-)
Your a long time dead!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Teabone wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 am
lomuamart wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:23 pm Don't know the answer to that except to say that I think that a longer lead time is required for online stuff. Ie, maybe you need to work ahead. Others may be able to advise you better.

:-) ... Sorry to hear of your disappointment :-) Personally, I have always thought that all immigration offices should provide a poolside bar with a free taxi service - somewhere so we can all chuck it back and have a good time while fulfilling our residential obligations. Maybe next year! ;-)
Now there's a forward thinking person with the possibility of a good business idea :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

The absurdity of the inconsistency of this platform is beyond me.

Did my 90 day online the other day and it went through. Fifteen minutes later I tried it with my neighbour's who is of the same nationality with it expiring on the same day ... and ... "go to immigration".

Guess that proves that it has nothing to do with the amount of time left before expiry, and its just a lottery.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Hello, tried to do the 90 days report, which I have been doing for quite a while without problems, impossible to connect, tried on several devices but to no avail
Has anyone encountered the same problem? I guess I'll have to go all the way to Tha Yang
Trevtherev
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Trevtherev »

Morning Joelle

I have suffered exactly the same, no matter if VPN and Firewall is turned off.
BTW, it use to be this online reporting site would not work with VPN on, but when turned off all worked well and very quickly.
But now it seems to be having a long term bad hair day and is not working at all.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Trevtherev wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:09 am Morning Joelle

I have suffered exactly the same, no matter if VPN and Firewall is turned off.
BTW, it use to be this online reporting site would not work with VPN on, but when turned off all worked well and very quickly.
But now it seems to be having a long term bad hair day and is not working at all.
Thank you Trev for your reply
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Ditto
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

As the "90-day Online Reporting" hasn't been working for the last 3 days, (never ever had problems before), today I went all the way to Tha Yang immigration.
Got there at 13:00, not many  people, had to wait 45 minutes in the heat before getting my passport back !! Told them that online report was down and the lady shrugged and said that she knew nothing about internet!
When I got home I decided to have a look again, and, would believe it, it's rolling perfectly !! 
Well unlucky for me but thought I would share the information so as to save a trip to immigration for some.
I'll have better luck next time hopefully.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: 90 day reporting

Post by PET »

Have just tried to do it online and got to the end without a problem, pressed submit and it said please refer to your local immigration office, or some such wording.
Anybody have current info - I did this before 8.30am so perhaps they were not open, if this has some affect.?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

As reported by many in this thread, it appears to be totally random. Try again a few hours later or the next day - however, once rejected once, I've never seen it go through on a second attempt.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:39 am As reported by many in this thread, it appears to be totally random. Try again a few hours later or the next day - however, once rejected once, I've never seen it go through on a second attempt.
I tried again and got approved but forgot to take a note of the Transaction number which I forgot I needed to print off the approval. Anyway I had gone too far to get back to the page and now they just say I have to go to the office. I shall not forget again but the number is 20++ long.
Anyway a timely reminder to print off the approval page next time
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.