2021 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: 2021 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Post by PeteC »

Didn't see it but just reading about it made me sweat. :D It all comes down to next week now.

Lewis Hamilton wins thrilling Saudi Arabian Grand Prix after Max Verstappen collision

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/59542213

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 03.21.47.png
(247.09 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well, a bizarre race to say the least which will be discussed for some time - by the stewards possibly in the short term.

Tactical play all around - questionable from Red BS and Crashappen showed his true colours, a danger to many on the track. He deserves a further penalty, and I believe he'll get it prior to the last race.

Red Flags/Safety Cars obviously played their part - I'm in two minds whether or not F1 should stay with this course. Incredibly quick, incredibly dangerous IMHO.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 03.22.59.png
(173.52 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 03.23.41.png
(52.1 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Vital Spark wins this one! :dance: :clap:

phpqWUkjvPM.jpg
phpqWUkjvPM.jpg (62.34 KiB) Viewed 341 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

phpKIPWwMPM.jpg
phpKIPWwMPM.jpg (50.87 KiB) Viewed 340 times
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As mentioned, it all comes down to next week. What a way to finish the season! :D Good luck to all! :thumb:

phpmjBYL4PM.jpg
phpmjBYL4PM.jpg (9.57 KiB) Viewed 340 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:30 am Vital Spark wins this one!
And where are you guys?? Would love to have your comments.......

Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Sorry for the quietness from España.
We've been crazily busy after taking the unexpected decision of buying a house here and all the bits and pieces that follow the purchase. We've been renting houses ever since we got together (24 years ago) and were still in the rental mindset until we realised that the sort of house we wanted to rent wasn't available. Then we stumbled across a house just down the road from our rental place which is probably far too big for the two of us, but has two fabulous roof terraces where we can soak up the sun, and, more importantly, is within walking distance of supermarkets and loads of lovely cafes/bars. It was a no-brainer. We bought it for the equivalent of £45,000. We've spent the last few months making it our home, and have realised we're not quite as young as we used to be (oh, those muscles...).
Getting back to the race - Crickey! I had to leave watching it halfway through because I have a zoom chat with my family every Sunday evening, but I probably needed to watch the second half. The first half was certainly full of drama and controversial decisions. Parahandy dipped out of my family zoom session and watched the whole race - I wish I had had that option.
Yay!! I have the yellow cap to wear while sunning myself on one of the roof terraces. Should I pop it in the washing machine for the next recipient, or just keep it until next year?
Best love to you all - VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Thank God you guys are still out and and about - great to hear from you. Oh, don't worry about the extra space, myself and the LHG are polite guests!! :D

Seriously, you have been missed, but it's great to hear you're both happy and settled in the sun! A tad cooler here in South Wales unfortunately... :cry:

As for the race.... Well, can't say I'm happy with Max in the slightest, but there's certainly views both sides. It's certainly been one of the most exciting seasons in years - but LH to take his 8th I hope. He'll then retire and Russell may well give Max an issue forward.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 am ^ Thank God you guys are still out and and about - great to hear from you. Oh, don't worry about the extra space, myself and the LHG are polite guests!! :D

Seriously, you have been missed, but it's great to hear you're both happy and settled in the sun! A tad cooler here in South Wales unfortunately... :cry:

As for the race.... Well, can't say I'm happy with Max in the slightest, but there's certainly views both sides. It's certainly been one of the most exciting seasons in years - but LH to take his 8th I hope. He'll then retire and Russell may well give Max an issue forward.

It would be great for Hamilton to become the outright Champion of Champions and retire at the top!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 2022 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Post by sateeb »

The final race of the Formula 1 season on Sunday will be shown live on free-to-air television on Channel 4.

The channel has struck a deal with Sky to share the rights to the winner-takes-all race between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen in Abu Dhabi.

Mercedes' Hamilton, 36, and Red Bull's Verstappen, 24, go into the race level on points at the top of the driver's championship.

Britain's Hamilton is aiming for a record eighth world title.

The race is set to start at 13:00 GMT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
pharvey

Re: 2022 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 am The final race of the Formula 1 season on Sunday will be shown live on free-to-air television on Channel 4.
Was always on the cards, and SKY will have made millions from the deal one way or another.

As for the race, I just hope Hamilton puts Crashappen and Red BS in their place. If the petulant twat Crashappen tries his usual tactics, I hope he puts himself off along with his team mate (without injury of course).... Nothing less deserved for the team.

Merc and Lewis to take 8 RECORD TITLES!! :wink:

Truly looking forward to this one!! :thumb:

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The biggest risk is that Verstappen knows that if both he and Hamilton fail to finish the race due to an “unfortunate” collision, then he takes the title - let’s hope he doesn’t stoop to such low tactics!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:49 am The biggest risk is that Verstappen knows that if both he and Hamilton fail to finish the race due to an “unfortunate” collision, then he takes the title - let’s hope he doesn’t stoop to such low tactics!!
Indeed - of course it's not gone through his mind at all has it!!

That said, there have been a few historical moments in F1......

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

"To finish first, first you must finish."

If a photo says a thousand words, what does this one tell you:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-10/ ... /100684660
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!