2021 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: 2021 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Post by PeteC »

Yes, something wrong there. :shock: If the media keeps pounding on the possible scenario of a deliberate crash he may just do it! Good old media, create the news. :roll:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:32 pm Yes, something wrong there. :shock: If the media keeps pounding on the possible scenario of a deliberate crash he may just do it! Good old media, create the news. :roll:
I don't beleive the little twerp needs any help in being what he is!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, we get to see now who has the fast machine on this track. Practice underway.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/54911284
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Interesting to say the least and indeed too close to call. "Track Limits" seem to be a major issue with numerous laps deleted for several drivers.

Also, you need to look at the time of day, track heat and tyre temp....... This championship certainly couldn't be any closer!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 2022 F1 News and Prediction Tournament

Post by Lost »

sateeb wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:33 am The final race of the Formula 1 season on Sunday will be shown live on free-to-air television on Channel 4.
Sweet. I'm not a fan but gotta say this last race has definitely piqued my interest. Hope there's a real battle between the two on the day.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Qualification
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 21.38.26.png
(296.6 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Very clever play from Red BS with Crashappen getting a major tow from his teammate Perez in Q3 - very surprised Mercedes didn't try the same. Poor Q3 from Bottas, but superb from Norris to qualify in 3rd place

I still believe LH has the speed for the win - all to play for!!

Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

pharvey wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:27 pm Very clever play from Red BS with Crashappen getting a major tow from his teammate Perez in Q3 - very surprised Mercedes didn't try the same.
Totally agree PH about Mercedes not using the same teammate tactics. I'm personally very happy about Verstappen being on pole, but he's going to have a hungry man right up his exhaust pipe. The post qualifying interview with Norris was interesting in that he more or less said that he wouldn't be gunning for second place at the start of the race. Probably a wise decision - let the two rascals fight it out between them. Who knows? Maybe Norris will win the race.
VS :)
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Vital Spark wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:21 amThe post qualifying interview with Norris was interesting in that he more or less said that he wouldn't be gunning for second place at the start of the race. Probably a wise decision - let the two rascals fight it out between them. Who knows? Maybe Norris will win the race.
VS :)
I hope he does well, but he's certainly not going to compete with LH or MV and over race distance he's going to struggle with the Ferraris IMHO.

It's going to be interesting with the differing starting tyres for LH (Medium) and MV (Soft) - the latter a forced issue after Q2. The Softs should give Crashappen the better start, but less distance/durability - I guess the question is will the speed advantage outweigh the durability advantage (remembering Crashappen will not have a tow at the front.....),

One or two stop strategy? Starting with the Softs could mean the latter is a necessity.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Holy crap! Can't say that was boring.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Race and Championship not won on the track but won in the stewards room. Wouldn't want to be Michael Massi right now.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I'm not too happy with the result but at least it was not boring. So many other races have been but what a finale, last round of the last race of the season to decide the champion. Perez did a brilliant job to hold Hamilton back and then the safety car had it's fair share in the result but congrats to the champion.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

This has finally convinced me formula 1 is crap. I was not bothered who won, but to ignore the rules and let cars pass the safety car, I wonder if cash changed hands. Stuff formula 1 it is no longer a sport. :banghead: :guns:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I don't understand the rules of the sport but someone put the final drama into football speak.

"Hamilton's team were 10 nil up in the 89th minute when the ref decided 'next goal wins' during a Verstappen counter attack".

:laugh:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 02.47.58.png
(248.39 KiB) Downloaded 252 times