What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by Dannie Boy »

It or nil?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Due diligence is anathema to these deniers.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:33 am It or nil?
I think the jury has already reached a verdict on that one. :laugh: :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Of course this is related to Wales, but I rely on NHS Wales, so very relevant to me. I would add however that I'm sure it's the same story worldwide - MUPPETS TAKE NOTE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)!: -

"Dr David Hepburn, an intensive care doctor at The Grange University Hospital, said many of the people who died 'you would usually expect to live another 30-plus years'

All Covid-19 patients taking up beds in one of Wales' busiest intensive care units are unvaccinated, a top doctor has said.

Dr David Hepburn, an intensive care doctor at The Grange University Hospital in Cwmbran, said "several" patients had also died this week with the virus.

He warned that none of those who had died had any significant underlying health issues and, pre-pandemic, would typically have lived for decades longer."
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

:lach:
Talk is cheap
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Nil,

You are not alone! In fact none of the other falang I speak to here (believe it or not, there are some readers of this forum who do actually live in Huahin), have bought into the "deadly covid" line. But they are people who can read, and understand, the published fatality rates. Others, apparently, cannot.

Some even think the cloth face masks are effective and 2, then 3, then 4 doses of an untested "vaccine" will prevent infection or transmission, whereas the facts do not support this assertion.

Ignore the insulting comments from people who cannot accept an alternative opinion, and refute any argument other then the "government/media approved" line.

Do not let fear rule your life!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I don't think anyone anywhere believe that a vaccine will prevent infection or transmission.

The rest doesn't warrant a reply.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Felipesed1 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 am Nil,

You are not alone! In fact none of the other falang I speak to here (believe it or not, there are some readers of this forum who do actually live in Huahin), have bought into the "deadly covid" line. But they are people who can read, and understand, the published fatality rates. Others, apparently, cannot.

Some even think the cloth face masks are effective and 2, then 3, then 4 doses of an untested "vaccine" will prevent infection or transmission, whereas the facts do not support this assertion.

Ignore the insulting comments from people who cannot accept an alternative opinion, and refute any argument other then the "government/media approved" line.

Do not let fear rule your life!
Could you seriously talk any more bollocks?

Do we have to actually live in Hua Hin to discuss the subject?

Fatality rates seem clear to most but not yourself (or other idiots).

The simple facts of the effectiveness of vaccines are very clear and proven.

Face Masks - well, it's clear what they can and cannot do. They certainly do not stop you catching the virus, but they do stop you spreading it [EDIT] reduce the risk of you spreading it. Therefore refusing to wear one basically means you're a selfish twat.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:24 am I don't think anyone anywhere believe that a vaccine will prevent infection or transmission.

You're perfectly right of course HHTel, nothing at the moment will prevent infection or transmission - vaccination(s) however will vastly reduce the risk of hospitalisation, serious illness or God forbid death. The sooner the idiots understand this simple fact, all the better for all of us!!

:cheers: :cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Christ, I was pretending to stay serious..... :D :wink:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am
Christ, I was pretending to stay serious..... :D :wink:
Those like you who have suffered the effects of Covid can speak on a personal basis of how it affected you - at the time and long-term. I don’t mind the deniers having a different opinion than me, that’s there prerogative in a democratic world, but their actions can affect me and millions of others, so where do we draw the line - a start might be the freedom to go where they want and do what they want and potentially be at the back of the queue if/when they need treatment for Covid - they have the choice to get vaccinated or not, but if they refuse, for their beliefs, don’t complain if others get treated first.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:24 am I don't think anyone anywhere believe that a vaccine will prevent infection or transmission.

Thats not what people were told

nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

pharvey wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:32 am

Face Masks - well, it's clear what they can and cannot do. They certainly do not stop you catching the virus, but they do stop you spreading it [EDIT] reduce the risk of you spreading it. Therefore refusing to wear one basically means you're a selfish twat.
Not true. The 2 largest recent real world study's have shown the risk reduction amount is in the category of statistical noise. They don't work. And the stronger argument is that they are causing more harm. To peoples mental state, toxins in the masks because the manufacturing is unregulated, all the pathogens that build up in the masks that people are breathing back in, the environmental impact.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

nil wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:11 pm It’s laughable how you lot are trying to dismiss this as nothing to see by quoting some disclaimer from the CDC.
Firstly, it's not just, "some disclaimer," it's a statement by the people who are responsible for VAERS and who know exactly how it works, that VAERS simpy contains reports of adverse events that have happened and includes no evidence of causal links to a vaccine.

In trying to claim the VAERS data proves a link between vaccines and adverse events, I'm afraid you are committing the classic logical fallacy known as, "Post hoc ergo propter hoc."

This is the fallacy of believing that just because one thing happens after another thing, it must therefore have been caused by the first thing.

Secondly, there has never been as much public awareness and media coverage of an ongoing vaccination campaign as there has been with CoVid-19 vaccines and as the VAERS site points out:
Numbers of reports may increase in response to media attention and increased public awareness.